I was given partial credit then PayPal investigated and now I owe PayPal for something I did not pay

Na151515_
Contributor
Contributor

I did not purchase an American Airlines ticket. I dont even know this passenger who apparently used my account to purchase a ticket. Makes me feel like I should not do business here when an investigation occured into charges and im at fault when I never authorized and actually denied the carge right away.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why are you denied?

Login to Me Too

Na151515_
Contributor
Contributor

They said they investigated and it was a charge that they think I made but I did not.

I know on one with the resrvation name and no one had authority to charge my account but their investigation landed them to the conclusion that I was gulity.

How could this happen when from the beginning I made them aware that this was fraud.

Login to Me Too

Na151515_
Contributor
Contributor

They said they investigated and it was a charge that they think I made but I did not.

I know NO ONE with the resrvation name and no one had authority to charge my account but their investigation landed them to the conclusion that I was gulity.

How could this happen when from the beginning I made them aware that this was fraud.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could start by provided all the actual details you do know about the transaction.

You need to do your own research about possibilities; that starts with what you do know.

Login to Me Too

Na151515_
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you but perhaps I'm not understood. I DID NOT PURCHASE this flying ticket! It's like getting a call from your bank saying someone hacked your account and took all your money. Can't do research on that, you cant possibly know who the person was or where these charges are from if their not from you and they are fraudulant. I think PAY PAL investigators are a joke. Doesnt seem legit or professional when an agency such as paypal wont protect against A CLEAR FRAUD INVESTIGATION. 

I called them and they said they would file an appeal but I got no reference number. I got a stevens on the phone and he did a phone appeal and said I'd be notified.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, you didn't purchase anything what alerted you?  Is there a transaction in your PayPal account?  If so, what are the details of that transaction?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.