I'm trying to get a refund and the claim says waiting on seller to respond

Jessanime2017
New Community Member
I purchased a cosplay from a commissioner to have it commissioned on November 5 2016 I was suppose to receive it December 16 2016 in person and pay the rest of it he never showed up then he said he was sorry and that he would mail it no charge on shipping. So since then he has come up with excuse after excuse on why he couldn't send I opened up a claim then he finally sent it and I got it and it is very big it was like if it was three sizes too big I asked for a refund and this is all through fb he won't come on PayPal to respond and I don't know what to do... help!! He says he has a family emergency and won't even tell me if I'm getting a partial or a full refund.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As long as you paid as goods/services you can file a PayPal dispute for item not as described and hope you win, but you would need to pay return shipping with tracking.

If you previously filed a PayPal claim that was resolved then you likely can't file another one.

If there is no tracking to show delivery, then you might find an ingenious way to file a dispute.  That's up to your own integrity and ethics philosophy.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I dont think there is any buyer protection on comission work,custom order,digital goods,virtual goods,ready PAYPAL terms and agreement

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I believe there is buyer protection for non-delivery since there is no tracking.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.