Fraud Alert

Samin
New Community Member

I just got an email from that asks to login to my paypal account and resolve a fraud, but it originates and leads to this URL:

I could forward the email to someone at PayPal but could not find any email addresses to send to:

You may want to report this site at scam to be shutdown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ,

Register and open a free PayPal account Buyer protection in the event of unauthorized use of your account When you send a payment, your financial information is never shared Free for the buyer

We confirm that you have sent to a payment of $ 863.98 USD via PayPal.

This credit card transaction will be shown on your statement as

This Isn't you ?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Mickey60
New Community Member

9-27-2016

i just got the same email......done with PayPal if they can't resolve this issue in a timely manner!   Really????

@Samin wrote:

I just got an email from that asks to login to my paypal account and resolve a fraud, but it originates and leads to this URL:

<removed>

I could forward the email to someone at PayPal but could not find any email addresses to send to:

You may want to report this site at scam to be shutdown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear sam_xyz ,

Register and open a free PayPal account Buyer protection in the event of unauthorized use of your account When you send a payment, your financial information is never shared Free for the buyer

We confirm that you have sent to alie.xyy(alie.xyy@) a payment of $ 863.98 USD via PayPal.

This credit card transaction will be shown on your statement as "PAYPAL * Alie.Xy".

This Isn't you ?

<removed>

Login to Me Too

bobandleeanne
Contributor
Contributor

I have also received the dreded "I-phone 6 Unlocked 23GB for $850.98 USD

Subject 

NOTIFICATION PayPal : Suspicious Activities

Dear XXXX

We confirm that you have sent to alie.xyy <removed> a payment of $ 863.98 USD via PayPal....

Can anyone advise what action to take.

Chees

Bob

Login to Me Too

mackglassnauth
New Community Member

I have receive this excat email twice in the past two days.  It has come from two different email address but everything else is the exact same in each of them.  I have sent them both to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Thumper1975
Contributor
Contributor

I just got this email today...Capture.JPG

Login to Me Too

DarknessHeart

Date: 1/18/2017  I received email, too. It said Galaxy Unlock S7 cost $1,050.98

scam.JPG

I have sent it to spoof@paypal.com already

Login to Me Too

Sparky3910
Contributor
Contributor

I just got a email that says:

Date: Feb 9, 2017 , 2:52AM

"Reminder- unauthorized payment in your account. We confirm that you have sent to a payment of $ 863.98USD via PayPal. This credit card transaction will be shown on your statement as
This isn't you? Resolve it now

Item No.
Item Title I-Phone 6 Unlocked 32GB
Quantity 1
Price $850.98 USD
Shipping &handling $13.00 USD
TOTAL $863.98
Payment sent to

Shipping Detail:
United States

***Below that information there's a long paragraph under the title Conversione
Talks about conversion amount, and also says Keep the receipt number. You will need to get assistance from wuss Danli or PayPal.
For any questions about shipping and tracking or service purchased contact seller ***edit***
Best regards,
PayPal

I  didn't click on anything. I did forward this email to PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Orsolya1

I got this email,the sender email box is Russian.I got more emails from Russia,but I think these phishing and website fraud emails.

Login to Me Too

Tsuki97

Got this same email about a samsung galaxy and there's actually pulled money from my account. What do I do?

Login to Me Too

Marinelis
New Community Member

Same email continues running. Recieved it in June 2017... email registered from Puerto Rico.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.