Fraud Alert

Samin
New Community Member

I just got an email from that asks to login to my paypal account and resolve a fraud, but it originates and leads to this URL:

I could forward the email to someone at PayPal but could not find any email addresses to send to:

You may want to report this site at scam to be shutdown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ,

Register and open a free PayPal account Buyer protection in the event of unauthorized use of your account When you send a payment, your financial information is never shared Free for the buyer

We confirm that you have sent to a payment of $ 863.98 USD via PayPal.

This credit card transaction will be shown on your statement as

This Isn't you ?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samin

send it to spoof@paypal.com or just ignore and delete it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikewsm
New Community Member

Hello, I just got the same fraud, right down to the same dollar amount. I emailed the original sender to tell her that any further bogus emails would be reported to our police. mike

Login to Me Too

Patman08
New Community Member

Hi  I just received the same email for th esame amount.

Anyone had any feedback from paypal?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Darryl123
New Community Member

Just recieved a receipt for an iphone 6 unlocked with an address that its getting posted to in the US.

I'm in australia.....

company: Alie.xy

Payment sent to: alie.xyy 

$863,98 USD

Login to Me Too

breeze777
New Community Member

Just got teh exact same email from the same email address as well with the exact same dollar amount and for the same product(i phone 6 unlocked)

Hope Paypal get to the bottom of this, they are obviously still doing this 6 months after the original post was put up

Login to Me Too

ElizaS
New Community Member

I just got the email too. Same amount, US address. Emailed Paypal and they arer investigating but i wont get any news for 10 dayspaypal.png

Login to Me Too

J-B-W
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the email  yesterday from this frud site representing PayPal. I live in  Canada When i went to The Resolve it now button Thank Heavens my security system blocked me from going any furhter I also contacted PayPal online and no charges are there. I will now report it to them . I see many comments from earlier on and I would have thought PayPal would have been able to put a stop to this sort of thing

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi J-B-W,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I apologize if this fake email caused any concern. As previously mentioned by @kernowlass, please send any communication that you think may be fake to spoof@paypal.com. If the communication is fake, we will work on having the website removed so they are unable to scam others.

- Drew

Login to Me Too

Robynnz
New Community Member

I'm in New Zealand, Papal still have not resolved this, as I recieved the exact same email this evening! Come on Paypal, this is why I have not updated my expired Credit card!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.