Reply to topic
vbrush Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: Am I being scammed?

Here is mine AFTER I called them on it...still trying
Hi, 
     I ordered paypal not to release fund until confirmation code or tracking number is received and confirmed because i've been **bleep**ed once and i dont want that to happen to me again. So proceed with the shipment and get back to me with the tracking number or send it to paypal customer care service via this email address (left blank for posting purposes) Looking forward in reading from you soon.
Thanks.
0 Kudos

i got an email that is similiar to yours, but i really can't tell if its a scam.

email 1-

Thanks for the quick reply and will like to purchase it.
What is your firm price? i will be paying you with my PayPal because
it's attached to my bank account.
I am a petroleum engineer on a rig offshore and do not have much time on
me.
Make sure you get back to me so that i can arrange for pick up as i
will like the item to be picked,so no shipping included.
I await your reply.ok,

email 2

-i agree to pay you $7,500 into your paypal account,get back to me
with your paypal email ID so i can send the payment,then i will
arrange for pick up after the payment has been transferred into your
paypal account.

email3-

yes the payment will clear before picking it up. my agent will make
arrangement for the registration and plate numbers.

i think i should just say no. i told him to call me, but i don't think he will.

0 Kudos

yes, i guess i was being scammed. i just looked on google and a dozen people got the same email. i am so happy i just prevented that. =)

0 Kudos
janinatie New Community Member
New Community Member

I listed a truck for sale on Craig's list and a lady emiled me saying that she was a sailor currently at sea, but wanted to buy the truck and insisted that she pay through PayPal.  Now she wants me to send 900.00 to her agent via western union.  I refused to do so and she claims that the money cannot be returned to her account.  I told her the deal was off.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
moonsea Contributor
Contributor

Thoughts are you were being scammed and you were right to call it off.

0 Kudos
1asturias Member

I've used PayPal to pay, never to sell. Buyer wants to purchase item on Craig's List using PayPal and offers to pay shipment using her own account in FEDEX so I don't have to pay shipment charges. What should I be careful about?

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Olivia
Administrator
Kudos: 242
Accepted Solutions: 58

Using the buyer's FedEx label

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums, 1asturias!

Excellent question! If you use the buyer's shipping account, they're completely in control of the shipment. They can potentially redirect the shipment and then it would not be delivered to the address in the transaction details, which is a requirement for seller protection. By no means am I suggesting that this is your buyer's intent, but it is a possibility that should be considered when weighing your risks.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
izador New Community Member
New Community Member

I tentatively sold a ring and received confirmation that the buyer had deposited funds, but when i checked my account balance it was still $000.00.. If they made a deposit, why is my balance still zero?

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Olivia
Administrator
Kudos: 242
Accepted Solutions: 58

Hi izador,

Welcome to the forums!

Log into your account and check your transaction history. If you did not receive a payment to your account, then any notification you received is probably fake. Even if funds are held pending delivery, the transaction will show in your account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
sexton123 Member

Hi PayPal users, I was scammed to where I almost lost my business on Craigs List. This was for $7000. I have a website www.leesurenail.com and also a patent and 10,000 rings. This person even gave me her address in Hawaii. I tracked this address down on my computer and I got the phone number to the appartment. I called there and the person on the other end told me that he didn't now that person. I then got a hold of the police in Honolulu and the FBI. Just today I have recieved an email from this person wanting me to send her some pictures. This is not Physhing it is a takeover of my business. It is grand theft. It looked like this payment was made through PayPal. It was right there in my account. I might sue.......

0 Kudos