Reply to topic
KBWFasano New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: Scammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

This is the same person who tried to scam me using a different name. The verbage he used with you is what he sent to me almost word for word. Told him the deal was over, I was no longer doing business with him. This just took place 3/11/11.

0 Kudos
delaney1970 New Community Member
New Community Member

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem he keeps sending me emails, i got a paypal confirmation email from him, i know when i get a paypal email being that when it comes in my email account it tells me that it is a secure email from paypal and shows a little windows shield logo. I believe he is using a program to make it seem like the email is coming from service at paypal.com but when you put your mouse over the paypal email it shows a hidden email.

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Adrian
Administrator
Kudos: 424
Accepted Solutions: 125

Hello everyone,

I agree - this appears to be a form of advanced fee fraud.  Good job on catching it!  To learn more about advanced fee fraud (and all it's not so glorious forms), check out this article.  To learn more about buying and selling safely online, check out our Security Center. 

That being said,  I've conducted multiple edits on this thread and the posts in it.

Please keep in mind that the addresses and names provided by scammers may be the names and addresses of other victims.  Repeating those names and addresses may subject previous victims to harassment at the hands of other victims, or needlessly damage an individual's reputation.

And that's why I've removed them.  For every name a scammer uses, there is likely someone out there who has the same name, and certainly isn't a scammer.  Posting the fake names these scammers use can put you at some serious risk as well, and we wouldn't want to hear about one of our forum members being sued by a real person who wasn't a scammer, now would we?  :smileyhappy:

Let's keep it clean everyone,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
p0p0p New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: RE: Scammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This scam is still going on. I received an almost exact copy of the email when it came time for me to "help me out by paying my agent in Washington". I was suspicious of several of the issues involved with this deal, but when I got that one, it was an " I am in Nigeria and need help getting 40 billion dollars out of the country" moment. lol

0 Kudos
cabbage1 New Community Member
New Community Member

[ Edited ]

I had a similar experience with the same person and will not longer correspond with him.   Same deal - he pays, but holds the money til you pay the agent to pick up ----   NO WAY.

0 Kudos
peoplearemean New Community Member
New Community Member

[ Edited ]

Almost the exact same thing happened to me except  Roland <removed> was the "pick up agent" and the person buying my trailer was a female, Megan <removed> and it was a surprise for her dad.  After asking me to wire money threw Western Union I knew it was a scam so I went to the extent of making up a story about my husband was out of state, I was on bed-rest with twins and that it meant so much to me to be a part of this surprise since my Dad had died last year (which he did die but it was 5 years ago).  The only thing this person could say was that I could send money threw Western Union over the internet.  I sure hope this POS is caught very soon before someone believes this person.  I am hopping I did my part by reporting it to the FTC and FBI.  Oh and I almost forgot the funniest part, they couldn't spell to save their life and you would think they would use spell check, especially the e-mails from "PayPal"

0 Kudos
myharley Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 1

The lady that emailed me about buying our car off craigslist was "a marine chef at sea" and wanted to buy our car as a surprise b-day gift for her son.  Wanted us to send $1250 of our own money via western union.  She actually gave me a name and address to send it to in Canada - would it be possible to investigate this name and address?  Then came the fake paypal email, even had two different dollar amounts noted  in the email.  What a scammer.

0 Kudos
oscodapete Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 1

Marines sail in Navy ships. The Navy has its own cooks, not chefs.

0 Kudos
allise New Community Member
New Community Member

[ Edited ]

jack has just sent us an email after saying he is going to buy our item, requesting $480 to be sent to his shipping agent before the transaction takes place..  his address was **address removed**  thought it was very suspicious as he never even asked anything about the item.
he was using two email addresses but i cant put them in as i have tried and its rejecting my comment.

0 Kudos
PLL New Community Member
New Community Member

[ Edited ]

i believe i am the next in line to be scammed by this person......

these posts all sound exactly like what just happened to me.  and if your Google this person, this paypal scam forum is really the only thing that comes up.

luckily, nothing was transferred on either end.  good thing i tried to be sure of what i was doing with my money......

LOOK OUT and BEWARE!!!!

0 Kudos