Buyer opened case 4 months on... where do I stand

Papertipi
Contributor
Contributor
A customer bought a brand new rug off me, I sell hundreds of them. Beautiful sheepskin rugs, my eBay feedback is 100% positive and no one has ever complained. But yesterday a buyer decided that one of my quad sheepskins was defective, after 4 months of use. They’ve opened a PayPal dispute. So if PayPal side with them, I’ll have to lose £170 because (in my opinion) they’re broke after Xmas and looking for a way to make some money back. I’ve NEVER had this complaint before. I’ve sent supporting documents to PayPal to prove that they received the item, that I have 100% feedback and finally, that the customer also left me a positive feedback themselves. I don’t really know what more I can do. I do not believe that the rug is shedding as they suggest, they aren’t sending me photos etc either despite asking for them. They don’t want a replacement, only a refund. After 4 months, their dog could have chewed it, they could have tumble dried it and shrunk it, they could have set it on fire... so why do I have to pick up the bill for this? No other customer has complained of this issue, and a quad sheepskin is 4 Sewn together, the odds of having 4 defective sheep sewn together is just not likely at all. It just doesn’t add up to me. I ship these things 6 days a week, I have one in every room of my house. My rugs don’t just shed for no reason. What do you think will happen? Thanks
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.