Buyer cancelled payment after receiving item from EBAY

Mike1211
Contributor
Contributor

I put up a PS2 on EBAY and it got sold in a short space of time. I recieved the email from EBAY saying it was sold so i clicked the link, paid for the postage through EBAY and sent the item the next day with first class delivery (28th July). now earlier today, i recieved an email from paypal saying the buyer has cancelled the payment. How does this happen? What can I do about it now? How is he able to cancel a payment when an order has been shipped through the ebay service? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Mike1211 wrote:

This was the message I received earlier:

KAPEMBWA BOSO has canceled the unclaimed payment of 22.00 GBP made with PayPal on Jul 27, 2017.  "

This is what I received just before I sent the package:

"You've received new funds!

This email confirms that you have received a payment for 22.00 GBP from KAPEMBWA BOSO "

Unclaimed?

do you have your account set up so you have to approve incoming payment?

some folks do.

are you in UK or USA?

SEE some folks do not accept foreign currency as it would cost 3% to convert.

if so,he sees you did notc laim it,so he cancels and get a freebie/

send him a money request or invoice and ask him to pay,word it in such a way that it is legit business tone

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you get a Paypal email saying you get cash?

getting Ebay email saying sold is not good enough,you must be paid first before you ship.

I dont know how he can cancel a payment?

may be he paid with echeck?

Login to Me Too

Mike1211
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I received the email from Paypal as well saying it has been confirmed that I was sent the money. As soon as I saw this, I printed the postage through ebay, and then shipped the item. On Ebay the tracking number when clicked shows it was delivered in two days, it's now been 6 days and yet he cancelled the payment. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Buyer cant really cancel a payment ?

Unless it is an e check and it bounces,but usually you wil be told not to ship until the check clears.

did he open a case saying it is unauthorised transaction,?what is the exact message from Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may want to call Ebay and see if you haev seller protection since you use Ebay to print label and it is delivered.

you have 30 days

Login to Me Too

Mike1211
Contributor
Contributor

KAPEMBWA BOSO has canceled the unclaimed payment of 22.00 GBP made with PayPal on Jul 27, 2017.  "

This email confirms that you have received a payment for 22.00 GBP from KAPEMBWA BOSO "

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Mike1211 wrote:

Unclaimed?

do you have your account set up so you have to approve incoming payment?

some folks do.

are you in UK or USA?

SEE some folks do not accept foreign currency as it would cost 3% to convert.

if so,he sees you did notc laim it,so he cancels and get a freebie/

send him a money request or invoice and ask him to pay,word it in such a way that it is legit business tone

Login to Me Too

missburns
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get your money? This is happening to me now.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Mike1211 wrote:

Paypal is known to send out messages which do not describe the situation or give vague answer.

How can he cancel a payment made?

I wonder if he pays with instant bank transfer since he has a credit card linked,and then there is no money in the bank account and credit card is not valid,so Paypal does not want to eat the loss,so it turns around and cancel the payment and make the seller eats it.

(The difference of echeck and instant bank transfer- if you have linked a credit card,then it is an instant bank transfer,altho the acutual transfer could take days.if no credit card linked,then it is an echeck)

call ebay to see if they can explain,this is just my personal speculation

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transaction on your PayPal account on your computer?  Did you have the "OK to ship" there?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.