Return Address Discrepency

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

What can I do if the return address on a package is different to the one that PayPal has on file for the seller? I returned an item to the shipping address as dircected by the seller only for him to stop communicating once it had been delivered which meant opening a claim which I lost as the return shipping address was "invalid".

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

I did appeal. I received a generic "invalid address, case closed" email. The seller has just contacted me (weeks later) and  told me this would'nt have happend if I hadn't opened a claim. I have to wait ten days for him to return from holiday as he doesn't want issue a refund from an internet cafe. Hopefully this will be sorted out without the need for chargeback.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@radiatingdrain wrote:

I did appeal. I received a generic "invalid address, case closed" email. The seller has just contacted me (weeks later) and  told me this would'nt have happend if I hadn't opened a claim. I have to wait ten days for him to return from holiday as he doesn't want issue a refund from an internet cafe. Hopefully this will be sorted out without the need for chargeback.

You lost because his Belgium address in his Paypal account is invalid,not that you sent the item back to an invalid address, he should update his address on fille with Paypal.

I dont know how much does PAYPAL care if a subscriber does not update his address,he has moved from one country to another,from reading past posts,he should closed his Paypal account based in Belgium and open a new PAYPAL account based in Japan.

I know Ebay cares a lot if a seller address and phone number are invalid as buyers sometimes will pull contact information and call the seller ,if seller does not update his contact information,he could be suspended.

You may want to appeal again,stating that he has moved to Japan and his address on file is not valid,and you can prove he is emailing you from Tokyo and have a website in Tokyo.

It is not you returning the item to an invalid address,it is his Paypal address is no longer valid,so Paypal should tell him to update his address.

show Paypal his emails and his Toyko website. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

well,if he said he will refund after returning from his holiday,then you may want to wait .

If you report him to Paypal now,Paypal may restrict his account,then he cant refund you.

The fault lies with your seller,what else did he forget to change,moving from one country to another is a big event,did he leave his kids behind and forget to move them?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I had an episode once where US Postal Service denied my refund for a mailing label/postage I did not use.  By the time I found out about the denial, the time I had to appeal expired by a couple hours.  I wrote to USPS to no reply after a couple days.  Went and disputed the transaction with good o AMEX, provided explanation and uploaded documentation and boom, got a credit.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

That's good to hear. It shows what can be achieved when you for persevere with something.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radiatingdrain wrote:

That's good to hear. It shows what can be achieved when you for persevere with something.

Yes, I thought it was BS because I wasn't supposed to be denied in the first place as there was no activity in the tracking, like duh!? Smiley Happy  So I was puzzled as to why I was denied a refund.  Those dufuses. lol  There was a part of me that though I was out of gas, but the other part of me was doubtful that I would win since I went over the expiration deadline but I decided to try and won, so you try it too! Smiley Wink

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Injustice eats away at you so it's important to fight for what is right. Gosh, I'm sounding like King Arthur!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.