Question on how to handle dispute against seller.

Nae311
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all.. I had question..unsure what to do. Several months ago, I had placed an order for some jewelry. Total amount is like $17. Anyways, it was from a company that I saw an add for while scrolling through Facebook.. That should have been my first clue lol. So I waited and waited...never received my order, no shipment status email, etc. I emailed the company several times, posted on their Facebook page, and msged through Facebook. Still nothing. Decided to open dispute with PayPal... Of course they responded back within a few days. I asked for refund but they said no refund after x amount of days. Then company basically said... Close dispute and we'll ship your package. I feel that's like they are holding my items hostage?! I replied that I did not feel comfortable canceling it before a resolution has been met. That was 5 days ago... No response.. So I just msged them again.. Basically saying the same thing. My time is running out.. I have til the 28th. I guess my main question is.. Since I've never does this... Is what they are asking reasonable? Common practice? Or are they trying to swindle me? Thank you in advance!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Never close a dispute when the seller asks for such.  It just lets the seller off the hook and the dispute is closed.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim, assuming you filed for non-delivery.  Once it gets to a dspute level, PayPal should refund since the seller has no proof of delivery.

Login to Me Too

Nae311
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your response! That's what I was thinking... But wanted to double check.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.