Question About Payment

Deboe
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold something for some online goods, and I have a feeling the buyer is going to try to recover his money. If he does decide to open a case, in who's favor will Paypal rule?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Deboe
Contributor
Contributor

anyone?

Login to Me Too

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully the buyer will need a reason for it but if you had to ship, you better know this section of the user agreement and more.

Basic Requirements:
  • You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
  • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
  • Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
  • Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
    PayPal Employee
    PayPal Employee

Welcome to the Community!

In regards to any decision that PayPal would make, the Community wouldn't be able to guarantee any outcome (nor couldthe moderation team).  Each case is dependant upon dozens of different factors, not just the type of reversal you've encountered. 

Every transaction, whether conducted online or offline, carries with it a potential that the payment received may later be invalidated.  When making a decision whether or not to proceed, consider what your available options are should a reversal occur.  For more information on how PayPal handles claims, disputes, chargebacks, and reversals, see www.paypal.com/securitycenter.

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
    Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.