Proof of ID - What is needed for proof of address?

ymir
Contributor
Contributor

So I kinda got locked out of paying for anything because MoneyPak is, well, stupid. Very, very stupid. Now PayPal needs proof of who I am. I don't have a problem with that. I can provide a photoscan of my ID card, I can provide a photoscan of my social security card, but I don't know what they need for a proof of address. Now I ask because I have a friend who apparently can't get her PayPal fixed, after over a year, because PayPal customer service, according to her, won't accept anything but a bill. She's tried a bank statement, a court summons, and a letter from the Selective Services, all proof of address from the state government and the US federal government, but not good enough for PayPal apparently.

Do I really need a bill, because I can't provide that, because the bills aren't in my name. I won't be able to do that for at least six months. Hell, my photo ID alone should be proof of address, because it says so right on it;

Last Name, First Name

123 Fake Street

Made-up-name townvilleburgston, state its issued in

I have enough proof of address here to enlist in the United States military, and I'm told this isn't enough for PayPal. can somebody here just confirm that a bill, and only a bill is enough to confirm my identity? I'm not necessarily going to stop using PayPal in the long run if thats the case, but at least I'll know not to waste my time for the next couple months trying to get this sorted out.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.