Possible scam?

RobertB30
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I recently received an email from a certain David (removed) from Nigeria, who agreed to buy headphones that I was selling. He asked for my paypal account and he said that payment was complete. Please see his email below: Dear seller, I have made the payment and am sure paypal have contact you with the confirmation of the payment...I will like you to check your email inbox or spam folder. Beside,I will like you to help me in shipping this item to my child address in Nigeria as a gift. I also paid extra money for shipping. So get the item packed very well and get it ship to my child address, I will like you to get the item ship via Post office (phil Post / ems delivery) please mark the item as gift and do not put the real price on it put a lower price tag on it because of custom so they wont request a large sum from my child before collecting it, I hope I can count on you? Here Is the address you will ship the item to: (removed) Get Back to me as soon as you get the item ship and don't forget to email me the shipment tracking number for confirmation Please make sure you do the shipment using ems or phil post because dhl and fedex are not very reliable in Nigeria because the address system is not reliable so that they don't deliver it to the wrong address. But the ems people will contact the phone number to inform my child once the package has arrived and then they will just go and pick it up OK? Please email paypal immediately for the confirmation This is paypal email (removed) Thanks and kindly keep me posted - I have browsed and already there are red flags regarding this cash4u website, I would just like to ask the paypal community if there really is a third party like cash4u handling some payments. Thank you guys! Robert Thank you! Rob

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

RobertB31
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, As I have mentioned when I started this thread. And I have scanned the forums and verified that there are many incidents like this. Anyway, I hope you can answer if I did the right steps. Thanks for the help
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@RobertB31

It was RobertB30 who started the thread about an email scam.

I'm trying to out how your issue is related to an email scam.  It's difficult to follow what your wrote.

Login to Me Too

RobertB31
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the confusion. RobertB30 and I are the same person. I deleted my original paypal account linked to my email address due to the login issues. I re-registered the same email address to paypal and now I am encountering no problems logging in. I signed up to this forum again but cannot get the username "RobertB30" back.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your fist issue was accepted as a scam.

Next you add a totally different topic to the scam thread.  I still don't understand what you are trying state with the new issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.