Please help! Paypal deadline coming to an end soon.

deardoll
Contributor
Contributor

My dilemma is that I made a purchase back in April and the item was defective so I returned the item. However, the seller never refunded my item so I made a claim on PayPal. After nothing was done when the claim was issued and the seller decided to stop responding to my emails I then escalted the claim.

The problem is I returned the item and PayPal told me I would need to provide proof that I returned the item. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the tracking number but I do have an email from the seller stating that they received the item and an email from FedEx which sent me a link to print out the online label to return the defective item. However, the FedEx link was only good for a 24 hour period so it expired and I can't access the tracking number anymore.

So then PayPal allowed for a three day period where the seller need to contact them and confirm that the item was received. Three days went by and nothing happened so I called PayPal. The representative told me that he would extend another three days to allow the seller to respond. At this point, I also emailed the seller asking her to respond so this claim can be resolved. The third day for her to respond ended yesterday and if she didn't reply then the refund would be released back to me. then I find out this morning the seller called paypal last night and claimed I never returned the item.

Because Paypal doesn't accept emails as proof and I don't have the return tracking number, now PayPal is going to end the case in her favor if I don't give the tracking number in the next couple of days. This is really frustrating for me because this dispute has been ongoing for two months, on top of that the seller didn't respond the first time the three day extension was provided and only responded the second time the third day extension was given and only  the very last day.

She's been steadily ignoring my emails and phone calls so I have no way of reaching her. Also, when I've called a PayPal representative I been told several different things. For example, she was only supposed to have one three day extention in which she needed to respond. However, since another PayPal representative gave her a second three day extention (totalling in 6 days), she respond and lied that she didn't receive the item. I don't know what I can do at this point. Please can anyone help? The amount is pretty significant and it just seems unfair that it took this long and on top of that this seller is going to get to keep my money when I don't have any merchandise because it was returned. I'm really desparate here so anything word of advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.