Buyer claimed unauthorized access against me for a service.

kinglime
New Community Member

Hi, I recently made a website for someone who paid me via paypal. They have since cut all communications with me and claimed 'unathorized access' in the resolution center. I do not wish to refund them because I spent over 20 hours working for them. The resolution center says I must provide a shipping number but nothing was shipped. I sent an email last night to paypal and have since heard nothing. What do I have to do to resolve this? I think I am being scammed.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There is no Paypal Seller Protection Plan does not cover intangable items, which yours was. 

You will lose the paypal claim.  You can refund or Paypal will take the funds from your account and refund them.

Your only option is to take them to small claims court, where they live. 

Login to Me Too

kinglime
New Community Member

Why can he simply just get his money back, no questions asked. That does not seem very fair. They can check our IPs or something, there was no unathorized access, he knew full well he was paying me and now he can just take it back? Who will pay me for 20 hours of lost work?

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Actually there is no Buyer Protection  for intangable items also.  SO he filed a chargeback with his credit card company, and it will be up to the credit card company, which almost always sides thth their card holder

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.