Paypal allowed me to be scammed

trinkerman
Contributor
Contributor

I shipped an amplifier to a buyer paid for with a Paypal verified address and account. I have the proof that UPS delivered it. 6 weeks after it was delivered, the buyer told his credit card company that he never recieved the amplifier. Paypal's response was to give his money back BEFORE THEY...PAYPAL..CONTACTED ME!!!  I have made over 300 100% perfect transactions...and that means nothing to paypal. I am now out over $2000.00, and Paypal is doing NOTHING. I am absolutely sick over this...and paypal could care less....anybody else have a similar situation? Can I disconnect my bank account from paypal to keep this from going any further?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is certainly not perfect however, you do have a CHOICE of services out there.  Take a look at these alternatives. http://www.stayonsearch.com/top-10-paypal-alternatives

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You should have been covered under the Paypal Seller Protection plan if you shipped to the address provided by Paypal and it was signed for.

What's the tracking number.

Login to Me Too

zq75024
Contributor
Contributor

Call the shipping company and claim product lost.  

Login to Me Too

Laviscu
Contributor
Contributor

You should claim insurance on item, perhaps shipping agent may start investigation for Mail Fraud.

Login to Me Too

penny129p
Contributor
Contributor

A similar thing happened to my husband. The customer bought the item and my husband shipped it to the address provided. My husband always prints out a copy of the ebay transaction so had that as proof because immediately after he sent the item out, the customer changed his address and then filed a "not received" claim. My husband sent paypal the proof that he sent it to the address the customer had on the account at the time of purchase, but paypal still ruled in favor of the buyer. So since the buyer claims he never received the item, my husband is out the item and the money.  I personally think he should take action against paypal since he had the proof.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.