Paypal Closes Flippa Seller After Sale?

amaxlite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I just bought a website from someone on Flippa based in Indonesia for a couple thousand dollars. A few days later he gets a notice from paypal that they are closing his account with no reason why. 

"For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts
for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close
it because of security issues.
"

I had a pretty smooth transaction with him and I never filed any complaints against him. Why do you think they closed his account? I already emailed them(still waiting for response) and called them (they suggested to me that seller calls them). 

I don't think he is a scammer because he helped me with the transaction over skype, provided his phone number, facebook information,etc. He didn't hide anything from me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Perhaps your transaction went too smooth.  Not sure how you can get additional info from PayPal as they are normally tight lipped when it comes to sharing any information about another user, mostly to protect themselves legally.  We're you purchasing a domain name and the actual web site, files and all and now it's registed to you?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.