was i just scammed?PLEASE HELP!!

Brack
Contributor
Contributor
i just bought a J-tag (pretty much a hacked xbox) for $170 ,he said he shipped it but hasnt answered me since friday ive messaged him many times ,still no answer , he said when i pay him,use friends and family so he gets all the money..but i cant do anything now, can i get my money back ? i have all proof
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To be blunt.  Yes, you have been scammed and there's not much you can do.  Never, never use the send money feature for a purchase, that feature is intended for sending funds to friends and/or family relatives, not purchases.  Unfortunately what proof you may have won't help with a dispute.  PayPal won't really do anything for you and the scammer knows that.  One possible way to get your funds back, in theory you could scam the scammer.  It's possible one could open a dispute claiming that someone hacked your PayPal account and did an unauthorized transaction sending your money to someone you don't know.  Of course that's only hypothetical.

Login to Me Too

Brack
Contributor
Contributor
so basically say that to paypal? this is **bleep** damn site ive seen,never again
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So where's your ownership in this issue.  It's really easy to blame someone else for your own decisions.

Login to Me Too

Brack
Contributor
Contributor
and cant i go to the bank and show them all proof and give me a refund ,or cant the bank give me my money back
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can try.

Login to Me Too

Brack
Contributor
Contributor
He just said if i end the dispute he will refund me since the money is held,what should i do
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The scammers use that line all the time.  99% of the time, if you end the dispute, you'll never see the refund.  Kind of like, trust me, the check is the mail.  The dispute is your leverage.

Login to Me Too

Brack
Contributor
Contributor
But what if the dispute doesnt end in my favor ,than im screwed
Login to Me Too

Brack
Contributor
Contributor
Do you have skype or aim so we can talk quickly , please help me , i have sooo much proof 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.