Lifting Restrictions on my account

mayoman1973
New Community Member

I have been asked to provide further details for my account as I have had above £1800 in monies transferred into my account.

Straight forward you would think ... Not so,  here's why

I go to "Resolution center" and click resolve.

I enter all my details,  the next button will not become active as it is clearly waiting for some more information.  A warning symbol comes up for my post code.  Doesn't tell me what the problem is.  It IS my postcode. This is 7 digits long so it's not difficult to get right.

OK,  I'll ring customer services I think.  

I go through all the prompts and wait 1hr 15 before hanging up.   Is this some sort of joke?  I have several £1K locked in this paypal account so it is not a joke on my side.  Did paypal pay some back end garage based software house to develop this new and improved UI of theirs?

Where do I go from here?   Paypal already have my address,  I am just confirminig the same information and it won't allow me proceed.  Please don't suggest that I have my address wrong.  I know where I live 😞

Also ..... What is the diff between buildinig number and street number?  I put in 9 for both for entertainment purposes but have yet to meet someone in the UK who doesn't live in an apartment block but has both a house and building number.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mayoman1973
New Community Member

Update:  Turns out the post code is case sensitive !!!!  Paypal,  ARE YOU SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working as a software developer I can say this is the first time I have EVER seen this on a site.  At the very min if you are going to reject some data for being case sensitive then at least suggest this in the warning message.

Anyways,  I get the Next button to activate so it asks me to verify my account via bank card.  I do this,  enter my 3 digit  security code and click done.    Still nothing,  my account is still restricted.  Do I have to take this some where else ( Financial regulator for instance ) because I don't see any other way round it.  Just had another 55min wait on the phone and I can't see me getting it resolved via that phone service

Login to Me Too

Daralo82
Contributor
Contributor

I have a same problem.

i have 129 days fix this problem but i dont know how.

They already know my address bank details so where is the point?

I send an email to them they said 24hrs for a replay and guess what happend they didnt answer.

Somebody has solution?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Keep calling, but don't make a selection, just wait for an agent to answer.  Or contact PayPal through Facebook or Twitter by private message.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.