Item not received

Homebody
Contributor
Contributor

a customer opened an item not as described case, the customer was asked to return the item, this was returned and delivered to a neighbour, the neighbour denies having it and no one of the name provided resides there, paypal refunded anyway... So what do we do now,? no item and out of pocket, who is responsible?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Homebody

The buyer did everything they were told to do, they returned the item back to your address and it was signed for.

Paypal waited until the item again was signed for before refunding.

The fact the courier delivered to another address and got someone else to sign for it means that its the couriers responsibility and you need to get on to them.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Homebody
Contributor
Contributor

The sender has to make the claim and after speaking to the courier it is not covered anyway as they never took out insurance. Great £105 down, Thanks Paypal, certainly looking into  alternative methods of payment now, feeling thoroughly ripped off!..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.