Issue with seller

Erthium
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

So, this has been going on for a few weeks now, and I'm hesitant to open a dispute as I previously had an issue with a different seller being unwilling to issue a refund despite the item coming in damaged and thus had to open a dispute (which is still pending). Here's the story: I made a purchase on May 28 this year. The item shipped on May 30, and arrived June 3rd. However, it came damaged. I spoke with the seller and, after some back and forth that actually took until the 9th to be fixed, they agreed to accept and replace the item if I footed the shipping bill. I paid $11.35 for shipping, aside what I had already paid for the item ($76.35).

It arrived on June 13. I waited until Thursday to contact them again, as they had made no effort to acknowledge they had it, and they replied that I had simply sent it to their PO Box, and that they picked up packages there only once a week. Note, this is the address they told me to send it to. I still have the emails to back this up. I decided to wait a little more, as they assured me that they'd send a replacement as soon as they picked it up.

Well, another entire week passed, and I sent them an email June 23. They did not reply to that one, so I sent another June 27. They replied to that one the next day, confirmed they had my return and once again assured me they would ship out my replacement "this week". They didn't. What can I do in this situation? I'm hesitant to open a dispute, as I already have one pending and they remain confident they have a replacement, but it's been a while.

Advice is appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So you have a case open with another seller?

i dont see why you cant open another case ,it is one case per transaction .

If you open a case of item not as described on Paypal and escalate to get Paypal involved,Paypal will ask you to return the item which you have done already,so upload the tracking number ,once Paypal sees it has been delivered,it will refund you $76.35.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So you have a case open with another seller?

i dont see why you cant open another case ,it is one case per transaction .

If you open a case of item not as described on Paypal and escalate to get Paypal involved,Paypal will ask you to return the item which you have done already,so upload the tracking number ,once Paypal sees it has been delivered,it will refund you $76.35.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.