I just got 3 unauthorized purchases to US Postal Service to Russia on my account.

Jondalar
Contributor
Contributor

3 purchases for packages going to Russia that altogether cost around $200 were withdrawn from my bank account using paypal on Monday. Since it's the U.S. Postal Service,  Paypal won't let me report the problem the easy way. It keeps me going in circles. I need help. I need that money back in my account. Please Help.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

SharonFsoter

I am in exactly the same boat.

Login to Me Too

MusicComposer
Contributor
Contributor

Wow this just happened to me on 7/3! I logged into my PayPal account and see 5 unauthorized USPS charges for packages going to Russia.... totally just over 500 dollars. Now I keep getting misinformed with the steps to resolve this. You can't dispute USPS transactions in the steps customer service provides and the alternative steps don't even exist.

Can we have the correct information on how to notify PayPal of USPS fraud or have a direct email link? This seems to be a more common thing unfortunately and I'm sure it'd be appreciated by everyone here.

Login to Me Too

LasVegasCandy
Contributor
Contributor

Just had this same thing happen to me yesterday. Received an email that I had printed a label, and within 15 minutes, I went to cancel it, and phoned Paypal to report fraud. Something is definitely up!!!!!! Did paypal get hacked??????

Login to Me Too

Irritated34
Contributor
Contributor

It happend to me. How do we report this! I keep going in circles as well!

Login to Me Too

LasVegasCandy
Contributor
Contributor

I used the CONTACT option on paypal, and got a code to key in - you call their toll free number, put your code in, and go from there. I also went a few steps further and reported it to the the post office mail fraud dept. "MY" package has now made it to New York, where I assume it's waiting nice and happy to clear customs and head to Russia. The post office in N.C. where it was dropped (I'm on the other side of the U.S.) --- was very helpful, but, they said they couldn't hold the package up from proceeding. I'm willing to bet if I had 'suggested' there may be toxic items in the box, they would have held it up!!!!!!! But, labeled as "TOYS" (yeah, I'm soooooo sure) --- looks like it's going to sail on thru (no pun intended) to Russia. I think I can see Russia from my back porch!!!! *sigh*Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

Irritated34
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account shows $49.95 charged by USPS for a shipping label purchased for a package to be sent to Russia containing "refurbished electronics."

I tried using the unauthorized transaction tool, but it said I had to go to the help center then contact us and select topic as seller and shipping tools, but there was no option for that! 

I called paypal and spoke to someone who then transferred me to another person, who then transferred me again. I waited 15 minutes before I got frustrated and hung up!

I requested a refund immediately from USPS to void the label, but it was denied. Now i'm out $50 with no help from PayPal!

Has this happend to anyone else? How do I report this?

Login to Me Too

Mostar-x
New Community Member

It happened to me on September 1st.

What is even worse, Paypal denied my request for refund !!!

Apparently, "I shipped" various goods from NC, SC, OH and GA on same day to Russia and Argentina (all together 8 packages with USPS Express Mail labels) and it cost me $522.

What a bargain !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.