Fraud Check: Discountinstantly.com

chrismr3000
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so i was looking around and google shopping showed me this site called discountinstantly.com. I was curious as to what payment processor they were using and found it to be paypal. I see a lot of too-good-to-be-true prices on here but if they really were scammers I don't think paypal would have been the best option. Anyway, I want to know if anyone has ordered from these people or if anyone knows that it's a scam site for sure.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Dillz
New Community Member

Looks like a fake. I looked at the xbox 360 and ps3 systems they are selling, and both have shiping weights under a pound. There is no way that can be true. There is also no information as to who owns the site, and was only just created a couple months ago.

Login to Me Too

CTR_007
New Community Member

My son was just (September 2012) ripped off by these guys.  PayPal is supposed to reimburse him for his ~$150.00 loss but they should block this site altogether.  If you use discountinstantly.com, you should expect to lose your money.  We all know when we see some "unbelievable" price that it's 'too good to be true' because....it a fraud / con game.  Beware!

Login to Me Too

jtran69
Contributor
Contributor

payment for this site in paypal email address is 

*removed*

I've sent questions regarding product and contact phone# but no reply.

No site is showing any good feedback/review for it.

I'd spend some money on a legit site.

Login to Me Too

geopeach
New Community Member

Well I am very disappointed that Paypal did not pull this companies paypal button sooner. I did buy from them on Oct. 30th and I did trust them becuase of the Paypal payment mode. Well their web site is now cancelled and I'm out $100. for the forseeable future.

Thanks for watching my back PAYPAL !!! You **bleep**

Login to Me Too

jtran69
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to sue Paypal for not protecting the consumers since it knows about the business nature of Discountinstantly?  I've asked PP about it current cases against the Dis but PP would not answer.

Base on PP unwilling to provide the needed info and other websites negative feedback on Dis, it's obvious not to do business with Dis wihile trying to save $50 or so.

I don't like seeing people getting ripped off while PP not doing much about it.

Login to Me Too

Chiro
New Community Member

Well, I paid $99 for a PS3 from DiscountInstantly and of course there is no PS3 at my house.  I really hope PayPal honors their fraud policy by reimbursing everyone that got taken by this site using PayPal services.  That is the only reason I trusted the site.

Login to Me Too

rickfusillo
New Community Member

BUYER BEWARE

Discountinstantly.com is definitely a scam seller.  I have purchased via Paypal a Kindle Fire and after attempting to communicate with seller, I have received no replies.  After intial purchase I did receive an email including a tracking # to be used in the discountinstantly.com website for tracking status.  I discovered the website no longer exists!  I have not received replies from seller or product purchased.  I believe Paypal should employ some sort of seller validation in order to protect its buyers.  I am still awaiting Paypal resolution and refund of my $100.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.