Email from service @ intl.paypal.com

Krauser0
New Community Member
I've read online that the email from the title above is a scam. My question is. That email was sent from a paypal account that i haven't accessed in years and associated with a bank account that was closed since it was a student one. Am i going to lose money or are they trying to make me press the link to take my money?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Xelyore
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will never ask you to go to a link in the email. And especially wont ask you too provide any login information or bank details. The most they would do in a situation like this is ask you to go to PayPal yourself and sort it out there. Never go to a link from a paypal email if it tells you too

Thats when you know its a scam

Login to Me Too

Vicious_Penguin
New Community Member

I had exactly the same email today. It appeared to be a statement of transfer, but was not in my native currency, which was strange. It did NOT have my name on it, and checking the details showed it came from someone with a hotmail address.

It did not tie to anything I had authorised, did not have my correct details, but did appear to be a good copy. Forwarded to spof@paypal.com, and I fully expect it to come back as a fake.

There was no request for me to send money, only to confirm a payment and had a link to click if I wished to contest it. I suspect that clicking that would take to to a paypal spoofed page that asked for my log in details, and would then tell me that the transaction had been cancelled, while keeping my details.

To be honest, it does look real, and as it does not ask for money but is just a confirmation, it seems legit. If ti doesnt look or feel right- ignore it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.