"Transaction cancelled. Unable to process payment."

psychlsr
Contributor
Contributor

Beginning last week, after indicating the amount of the transaction on my chip/card reader, 5 seconds after pushing charge and readying a card, this transaction cancelled message appears. The reader is paired by to my android phone by bluetooth, the location is on, but now it's hit or miss if I use a card (sometimes works if I put it in the card before pushing "charge") and it will not allow me to enter a transaction manually. Have already uninstalled and reinstalled the PayPal Here app with no difference. Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

b2995
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue. Did you get it figured out?
Login to Me Too

b2995
Contributor
Contributor
I "think" I found the solution. It's your location. 1. Exit out of the app 2. Open your map app 3. Let it find your loaction 4. Open PayPal Here app again 5. Log in and test. We move around a lot, so it appears the PayPal Here app wasn't finding my location. I tried it on 3 devices and it seems to be working now.
Login to Me Too

psychlsr
Contributor
Contributor

At present, after talking to a technical consultant via consumer services, and subsequently updating the newly available PayPal Here app on my phone (as instructed), it now does appear to be working. I was advised that this was an app issue PayPal was aware of, and working on, previous to my incident report.

I appreciate the information about location issues; that did not appear to be the problem in my case .. at least this time.

Login to Me Too

sdmf74
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else have any other possible solutions? I just recieved my new chip & swipe reader (does not have a reset button) and I called Paypal, the rep was no help at all she told me to open a case with support. I did so and have not recieved any support from them.

My reader connects and tells me the software is up to date. I have uninstalled the paypal here app and reinstalled it.

I have checked location as mentioned above and nothing seems to work.

When I insert a chip card it tells me to swipe it so then I swipe it and it then says "Transaction cancelled unable to process payment" then a big red X that says declined. Ive tried several different cards, not the issue.

Login to Me Too

mplummer
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue. My location is fine. Doesn't matter what card I try. Non-chip cards don't work either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.