My PayPal Credit info disappeared.

cesigmon
Contributor
Contributor

I signed into my PayPal to make a payment on my PayPal Credit account.  Usually there is an option on the left side to click to see how much available credit I have left, what my balance is, etc.  This info is no longer showing.  I signed into my PayPal mobile app, which has the option to "Manage PayPal Credit", but when I click on this the screen goes blank as if it's loading, but it never loads.  What has happened? Where did my PayPal Credit info go, and how do I make a payment now?

I contacted PayPal, but only received an automated reply telling me how to make payments when the PayPal Credit info comes up as it should.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

radish82
New Community Member

I'm having this exact same problem! 

Login to Me Too

cesigmon
Contributor
Contributor

I finally heard back from PayPal, and apparently mine disappeared due to a bankruptcy from 2015 that they just found out about.  Still trying to find out how I'm supposed to make payments on my balance now though, since all the PayPal Credit options have disappeared.

Login to Me Too

radish82
New Community Member

That's wild.  Maybe you don't have to pay it back now? 

Login to Me Too

cesigmon
Contributor
Contributor
¯\_('-')_/¯ I'll update when I hear back.
Login to Me Too

Nkw7
Contributor
Contributor
Any update on this? I appear to be in a similar situation, wanting to make a payment but cant find the option/info anywhere. We had a bankruptcy in 2016. I wonder if they found out about it as well.
Login to Me Too

cesigmon
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I received from them, I apologize for not updating sooner.

My name is Tara. I'm a Customer Service agent with PayPal Credit, and I have received your most recent email inquiry regarding your account. I appreciate your time, and will attempt to help you in any way I can.

Due to a recent account review and information provided by a third party vendor, we became aware of a bankruptcy filing. Upon a bankruptcy filing, our existing policy is to stop account use.

At this time no additional payments are required.

Please see section 12 of user agreement.

Thanks for being a PayPal Credit customer.

Kind Regards,

Tara T

Login to Me Too

Nkw7
Contributor
Contributor
Wow I will definitely go find section 12! Thanks for the info!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.