Why won't PayPal credit work?

Tarawa
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Bill me later for years and I had to link my account to a PayPal account to use it on various sites. I've done that and the account shows in my PayPal summary page and it's listed as the default payment but when I try to use it as a payment method I get this

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Why? This is happening on all sites I try to pay with PayPal credit. Best Buy, Walmart, Ebay...

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

Tastey1
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone figured out how to fix this?? I haven't been able to use the credit a single time since signing up and still have all the original credit. Ive tried every online store I can think off and they all say the same thing. Please help if anyone has info I've emailed them as well they just send back an autoreply with pointless things to try that don't apply to me.
Login to Me Too

AmericanInverts
Contributor
Contributor
I dont quite know how a company is able to get away with such ridiculous policies and systems in play. Their automated system is atrocious and down right malicious. However i do know i have communicated with several agents who tell me the same thing and that is to pay using a different method. Lol what ig i had previously made assurances that bills would be paid and planned accordingly ? What if i depended on paypal and their credit line to help alleviate my financial obligations ? I wonder if they tell uncle sam the same thing when he comes around and asks paypal for funds isnt it time we started demanding accountability and accepting nothing less then a complete overhaul of their automated system wbich in all honesty makes walking around the corner a marathon and excuse me but in business what we dont need is to complicate our already complex lives. Id imagine if i asked paypal to pay me a late fee for not providing me with my own funds ? Wouldnt that be accountability? Lol
Login to Me Too

mary-1
Contributor
Contributor

I too was given a credit line and unable to use it. It keeps saying to add another card!!! I won't link my bank debit card because alot of people told me that even if you choose the pp credit as your choice, if it doesn't go through ends up coming out of your linked bank card, hello over draft!!! Why give this credit line if you won't let anyone use it, now that you have all my personal information??????

Login to Me Too

Alishaandersen
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same problem does anyone know a solution i missed black friday because of this! Its so annoying. Thinking about giving up on paypal honestly.
Login to Me Too

Same happened to me, except for some odd reason the Ancestry.com purchase went through, while all other retailers who take PP Credit would not. The CS supervisor was a lazy **bleep** when I called. I am contacting my state Atty General's office tomorrow (the most **bleep** Atty Gen, too, I might add), as I feel this is a scam. Paypal credit takes your info, don't provide the promised service, then refuse to resolve what is obviously a serious problem. Trump can get rid of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for the time being, but he cannot fire my Atty General, who overturned his racist immigration ban. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.