Payment Notifications Not Working In Paypal App

Rimrock74
New Community Member
I am no longer receiving Paypal Notifications on my Phone when someone purchases an item in my Online Shop or money is received. I have contacted Paypal about this several times and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times..even after 3 recent updates (including one today)...still no notifications! This has been going on for a few weeks now! Upon research, it seems like the notification settings are turning off automatically when signing out of the app because I can turn all of the notifications on and when I log back into the app and go back to the notifications settings page, they are turned off! Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix?
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Rimrock74,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having that experience. It sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting, and the time may have come to open a ticket with our technicians. Please contact our customer support by either phone, email, Twitter, or Facebook.

I hope it gets resolved quickly!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

shawn007
Contributor
Contributor

Notifications have been switching itself off now for several weeks in fact it doesn't actually switch on even though it says it's on its not.

Can you just issue an update to the app to fix it

Cheers S 

Login to Me Too

hanacaptain
Contributor
Contributor

I just received email notification of a payment that was sent to me five days ago.  I almost shipped another item, because I thought it was a new purchase.  Why should it take this long to notify me that I have received a payment?

Login to Me Too

shroomgophus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. I am Also having the same issue, however originally the notifications were staying switched on until the point when a transaction took place. There would be no notification & then upon checking settings would find them turned off. There have also been reports of people having problems logging in as well but I've not suffer that problem.

It would seem that Paypal are well aware of the problem but are keeping quiet about it. I have tried searching these forums for the problem but nothing much seems to come up apart from the login issue so maybe it is being selectivly hidden from search results. I ran a search on Google following a similar glib reply to the 1 you got & found info on this forum as well as various other sites. IT IS NOT YOUR PHONE it has something to do with a botched update to the Paypal system.

From what I can gleen it seems to affect IOS & Samsung Galaxies running Android but am not too clear if others on the Android platform are affected too so perhaps someone could add to this.

It is really annoying as like yourself I rely upon the notification, particularly for sales from my webstore. eBay is not as much of a problem as I get an Item paid notice via their app but the Paypal notice is confirmation at a glance & I like it.

I do wish these developers would test these things out properly before deployment &/or once it is established there is a problem (which would be pretty quickly) Why on earth don't they simply revert back to the old system again till they can iron out the bugs ?

Instead they seem to keep people in the dark, getting them frustrated, telling them to uninstall etc, going around in circles, telling them it's the phone at fault, rather that admitting that it's them who have cocked up & saving a lot of people from tearing out there hair. Come on Paypal, WAKE UP !

Login to Me Too

Andyjbm
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, did you ever get this fixed? The same thing happened to me around the same time. No push notifications anymore and they're always turned off in settings. HTC one X+ A.
Login to Me Too

bigbobo571
Contributor
Contributor

Hi dont know what apps is unless your talking about cell phones? If you are talking about mobile phones. Having a similar problem with an instiution called "en masse entertainment" just recently aquired a cell phone first it was I sent thru paypal $100.00 en masse entertainment now it's $40.00 thru paypal "en masse entertainment? it reads like this at top of page # 729725? I reckon this is reference #? then 4-21-2015 tue 01:02pm, enmasse entertainment inc., for a purchase? for details go to www.paypal.com/vst/id=7eb19585415747355. of course my options tab reply, tab, back tab, I reply on PC to paypal look on tab ACTIVITY dont see? who is en masse entertainment inc? and what kind of scam is this? Sincerely

@Rimrock74 wrote:
I am no longer receiving Paypal Notifications on my Phone when someone purchases an item in my Online Shop or money is received. I have contacted Paypal about this several times and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times..even after 3 recent updates (including one today)...still no notifications! This has been going on for a few weeks now! Upon research, it seems like the notification settings are turning off automatically when signing out of the app because I can turn all of the notifications on and when I log back into the app and go back to the notifications settings page, they are turned off! Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix?

Login to Me Too

shroomgophus
Contributor
Contributor

Good News Everyone !!! It Seems to be Fixed at long last. App had an update a couple of days ago & following a sale I noticed a notification as well as the SMS I had set after the notification failure. Had another few sales since then & all seem fine now.

If yours is still not working I suggest you download the latest update.

All the best, shroom

Login to Me Too

Gwp1315
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal send me an email saying I must read a message in notifications near top of page.  Dah!  There is no notification anywhere.  Now What?  Why does a multi billion dollar company have such a useless android app.  My kids could EASILY write a better application than this useless piece of crap.

Login to Me Too

kauffmane
New Community Member

How do I correct the error I made  by clicking  turn off   notifications.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.