Why was my PayPal credit denied

RTarson
Contributor
Contributor
I just turned 18 today and want to start off with a PayPal credit and I entered all my information correctly but I get this message everytime: "Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you." Could it be because I'm out of country right now signing up on Canadian IP? Or maybe I should wait 24hrs?
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be many factors.

No creditworthiness history.

You are making a purchace from a location which is not your normal loccation (physical or computer)

Suggest you only make purchases from your own computer and from the country where you are registered for PayPal.

PayPal accounts are country-specific.

Suggest you learn more about PayPal policies and protection.

If you continue to attempt transactions which appear suspicious it is more likely your account will be limited or closed, so make sure you follow PayPal policies very carefully or you'll loose your account.

How long have you add your PayPal account before you were 18?

Login to Me Too

RTarson
Contributor
Contributor
I opened my PayPal today. I'm in Canada right now but I'm a US Citizen so I'm not sure if because il trying to apply on a out of country IP I think that maybe why. I thought PayPal Credit gave minimum credit line if you prove you identity?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Where did you open your PayPal account?

What address is linked to your varous credit score agencies?

What experience do you have paying credit at your current address?

How stable is your employment?

Why do you thinkg you deserve a credit account?

Your PayPal Credit account acceptance will be based on many factors.  One does not just automatically obtain credit because orf one's age or existence; it's based on identity, previous credit history, and much more--many factors are not even publicized.

Login to Me Too

RTarson
Contributor
Contributor
I have not delt with credit because I just turned 18. I work at a company I manage there computer and Server. The address my account is linked with is my parents house were I too live. They have a excellent credit line 840-850. I am a US Citizen.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You use your parent's addres in the U. S..  You live in Canada.

The credit score of your parents, although excellent, has no relevance to your credit rating.

Creditworthiness is based on your own credit details, including using your correct address.  Length of living at an address also matters.

Still not clear whether live in the U. S. or Canada and what address is the permanent address or why you are confusing the application with 2 separate internet access locations.

Login to Me Too

RTarson
Contributor
Contributor
I'm only visiting in Canada I do not live there I live at same address as my parents in the USA.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This means you started your PayPal while visiting in Canada?  What address did you use?

You then tried to make a PayPal Credit purchase while visiting in Canada and using a Canadian IP point?

I would expect that activity to cause a denial, maybe even limiting your account.

Why not just wait until you are back in the U. S. to fix everthing?

PayPal is country-specific, so choose your country of residence and sole use and stick to it.

Login to Me Too

RTarson
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, got back to a USA IP I now got the message from PayPal credit "The amount of your purchase required a credit bureau report. We were unable to retrieve a report from a consumer reporting agency."

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I guess that means you have not credit report with the major U. S. credit reporting agencies.  That means you will need to establish credit.  You could start with application for a credit card.  If not sucessful, then a debit card with your bank checking account.

Your credit history is linked to your SS#, not your age.

How much credit do you have available with RobinHood, or is it a cash account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.