Seller Complaint

rbrandt2
Contributor
Contributor

I've exchanged over 30 e-mails withthis buyer (6 today) in the last 30 days.  We sent the buyer a detailed Order Confirmation/Sales Receipt at the time of the sale.  We made the item and delivered it 3 days after the originally estimated delivery date.   Unfortunately it seems the color on the confirmation didn't match what she originally ordered.  I offered to exchange it for one of the correct color and pay the shipping both ways and buyer agreed.  Then she wanted to know If I would give her some credit if she kept the original.  I agreed.  Then she decides to cancel the order altogether.  She returned the item and I refunded her full purchase amount - and  the original shipping.

Now she is threatening to file a complaint with PayPal because I didn't reimburse her for the return shipping.

What should I do?

Now she's doing a smear job on Facebook:(

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Dustin

Hi rbrandt2,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the buyer. The buyer's return shipping costs would not be covered under PayPal Buyer Protection. We actually require buyers to pay their own return shipping when it comes to buyer complaints. I recommend keeping all the shipping information handy in case a complaint is filed. If a complaint is filed you can contact us about it on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance. 🙂

- Dustin

Login to Me Too

Seller_web
New Community Member

Hi, I heard many time as PayPal is not Safe for Sellers and specially for Web Agencies and intengible service providers. Now its fact too as i have faced this issue related to PayPal and i had burned my Hands.

There is on Charge back case in which after taking all the services and work of mine buyer clame to his credit card payment and PayPal donnate my hardwork payment. I had submitted all the valid document of buyer with his confirmation about the services he had received. Then also PayPal has revert back the payment to buyer without any updates.

First PayPal Shared this: According to PayPal team if someone charges back from payment done from Credit Card then PayPal is not the decision Authority and in that case Payment will be reverse back to buyer if you have delivered or not delivered the goods and most important is if you will submit all the legal details then also in terms of review process they are asking for 30 days time and will instantly ask you pay the depth if you right at your end then also.

Second Updates: 

Sorry to hear about the chargeback The information you received about a chargeback is correct - PayPal is not the decision maker in those proceedings, the credit card company is. There is more information on chargebacks here: http://bit.ly/1uI7lmE This is a risk of doing business if you accept credit cards, as all businesses that process credit cards are subject to the dispute process designed by the credit card company. If you don't want to be bound by it, they simply don't allow you to process credit cards. It is, simply, unavoidable. Now, I can understand why you're upset with any decision the card issuer may have made. After all, the buyer is their customer, not you, right? Part of the arbitration process enforced by the credit card company is that they are supposed to make a decision that they feel fair and to vett those disputes filed by their customers for fraudulent use or abuse. However, that also means that as the process owner, their decision as to the merits of the claim filed by their customer is final. We can definitely take all the documents you have, sort through them, and supply them to the card issuer if any of them can help us tell them no, give the merchant back the money. And we do, all the time, and we actually win chargebacks more often than traditional businesses do. This is one of the great benefits of accepting PayPal; you have automatically engaged the services of one of the finest teams available to dispute these types of claims with the credit card company. Sadly, though, not all chargebacks can be won. Card issuers have a very specific decision making process and they don't always allow merchants to win. Again, this is a risk of doing business Even without credit cards, every business encounters risk. Cash, checks, money orders - they each come with potential problems. What they don't come with a dispute process and a governing body, like credit card payments. If someone gives you counterfeit cash? Poof, that money and that item is gone. There isn't a review process, it's just plain bad money that no one will take. Someone wrote you a bad check? The bank doesn't even ask you about it. They just take the money back, and there is no appealing that decision or stating your case. Same thing with money orders. And you often don't receive an email or a call letting you know. Sure, you could pursue someone who gave you a bad check or counterfeit cash outside of PayPal. You could even pursue this buyer outside of PayPal. The costs of litigation and locating the buyer can be prohibitive for any business, and depending on the jurisdiction or the court, if you are able to win a judgment against the buyer, that judgment may not even be more enforceable than "hey, you should pay him back." If anything, I'm glad you used PayPal, even if it didn't turn out well. You had a say in the matter, even if it didn't go your way. - Adrian

Third Update on the same day: We have reviewed the case. Because you have not met Seller Protection performance requirements, the transaction will be reversed. The case is now closed.

I am not sure why i can trust PayPal and his safety. Secondly, PayPal has favour his buyer by knowing that fact and history of the buyer as I am not the only person this buyer has cheated (according to Buyer updates). And still PayPal allows this kind of companies and fruads to work and to take anybodies payment and work.

At Serious note, I request to my all Web Agency friend and ecommerce friends to stop using such services which not worth to pay for. As this is not free..

disappointed PayPal User 😞

Login to Me Too

Mexicanirish4gm
New Community Member
So I sell an item on eBay right 3 days for the auction. 10 days for the Freaking buyer to even receive it for them.to even release the funds into my bank account just to turn around and tell me I than have 3-4 days for it to even transferred into my bank account. Why am I being charged 11 dollars to run through loops? Ooo and your technology for customer service line is about 10 yrs old maybe you should update that and make it possible for customers to make faster transactions. I am a store manager and believe this is a HUGE waste of time and money selling here
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.