Product and Services/ student account

Sasha111986
New Community Member

Is there such a thing as a student account with paypal???? i'm trying to do one for my child but can't find the product and services button anywhere on paypal, i log into my account and still can't find it......... can someone help me?

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Kekky

Use this one - just found it buried in a whole list of replies. It works - I just used it!!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_register-youth

Login to Me Too

fatallysassy
Contributor
Contributor
This one works!!!!! Thank you so much!
Login to Me Too

ANSLnTX
New Community Member

You are my hero! I was getting a bit dizzy trying over and over, phone then computer still nothing worked. I began to doubt I could follow simple instructions. Thank you for ending my FRUSTRATION, I appreciate you.. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Kekky

The links they give you don't work! Finally found a helpful one buried in a whole list of replies. Use this one - just did it and I'm all set up!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_register-youth

Login to Me Too

GrayBird
Contributor
Contributor

When I am logged in, and click on this link you posted:

• Parent Initiated (logged in parent): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/youth/InsideMicrosite

it redirects me to this page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/student

where it only gives the option for new parents or new students to join PayPal.  There are no options to select if a parent already has an account.

Login to Me Too

Dlncook
Contributor
Contributor

My older son has a student account with a debit card and we love it! I am hoping to have the same account for my younger son next year when he is old enough, but like others have said, there is currently no way I can find  to set up another student account. All of the links in this thread either don't exist, or direct you to setting up an account that is not a subaccount of a parent account with full parental controls and all the features  available with the student debit card. In other words, you can set up a "student account", but there seems to be no way to link it to the parent account for all the parental controls.

Any help available? @PayPal_Frank @PayPal_Adrian

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everyone,

We're really sorry about all of the confusion with how to go about creating a student account. 😞 We are currently working to update student accounts into the New Experience.

In the meantime, a parent can create a new student account by logging into their own account, and going to or copying and pasting the following link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_register-youth. This will set up the student account in the Classic experience.

The parent must be logged into PayPal for the link to work.

We understand that this process hasn't been the best of experiences and we apologize for any frustrations. We hope to have the product built into our New Experience soon! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

jkdood
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you can help please. I realize this is new technology and a process in flux.

I have a student accont linked under my parent account it has been a wonderful experience. Many years! Easy and friendly for student and parent both.  I have been using classic Paypal (it scares me this may soon be unavailable, as the new-site paypal is so flawed right now!!)

USING CLASSIC;

My student and I jointly tried to change his email address as he is going to remove his old email account.. This could not be done from parent account. HELP said have student log in and do it from there. But the instructions do not work. It says to select and click things that are either not there or are not clickable.

At this point I decided toi try NEW-SITE Paypal on the Parent accouint;  hoping to see that the new interface would have settings and options that the instructions refer to, and that work.

BY THE WAY YOU FOLKS REALLY REALLY NEED TO UPDATE ALL HELP TIPS AND FAQS AND INSTRUCTIONS AND INDICATE IF THEY ARE APPLICABLE TO CLASSIC INTERFACE< NEW INTERFACE< OR BOTH!!!

So I get on NEW_SITE parent interface, I cannot even see or find my student account for any management, control, info, or anything at all. I tried every menu every setting every help question, i spent 2 hours at this.

SO YOU SEE the problem is  theinfo to chnage student's email address in CLASSIC did not work; so I chaged to NEW_SITE to try it, and cannot even get any student account info to show up in any way whatsoever.

SO I come here, and see the problems with students accounts are even worse than what I am experiencing, for other new user, etc.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT, and   help me and others? PLEASE.

Login to Me Too

kdvvo6
New Community Member

I clicked on the link Ashley posted and I was able to set up an account for my son.  His name popped up under my student accounts. Hope it works for you!

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

Hi everyone,

We're really sorry about all of the confusion with how to go about creating a student account. 😞 We are currently working to update student accounts into the New Experience.

In the meantime, a parent can create a new student account by logging into their own account, and going to or copying and pasting the following link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_register-youth. This will set up the student account in the Classic experience.

The parent must be logged into PayPal for the link to work.

We understand that this process hasn't been the best of experiences and we apologize for any frustrations. We hope to have the product built into our New Experience soon! 🙂

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

ahs1998
New Community Member

i have a regualr paypal account and want to add a student account for my daughter but i cant figure out  how.. i looked at the directions under the FAQ and it says to click on "buy" and i cannot find that option ANYWHERE.. Do i need to be logged in or out? what page or section is it under? i cant find any of the other pages it suggests either like "more ways to use us" and "more innovations". if someone had a similar problem or knows how to help please do.. ive tried several times to figure this out and its very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.