New card reader compatability

MXterry
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Samsung S3 and want to upgrade to the new card reader. I have found the FAQ as worthless as can be. The info that I  have found says it should be compatable as far as specs go.

1. Android version 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or later
  2. 3.5 mm headset jack with microphone
  3. Support for Location Services
  4. Internet access (via WiFi or cellular data network)

But all the formum threads regarding my phone are either from the UK or dated 2013 or 2014. Absolutely worthless as fas as I am concerned. My old swip reader works but now it cost more if we swip insted of using the chip reader so where can I find some real information about compatable phones and tablets. 

Even the FAQ's are so vage that it hit and miss unless you buy a new I phone and that's not in the budget.

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction or tell me if my phone is compatable or not.

Looking at other options now as this is not making me happy.

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Can't help with the details, but have similar frustrations considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.  I assume it is compatible but haven't found any first-hand assurance.  I called PayPal and all they will tell me is the FAQ outdated list.  I even tried a chat with Best Buy and their rep was clueless.  All I can do is buy the tablet from Costco and return it if it doesn't work.

I use the new chip card reader in the U. S. with an LG Ultimate smartphone; it works great.  It connects by bluetooth so the headset jack is clear.  I also have a Woosom bluetooth printer which works with the PayPal app to print receipts.

I'm considering a tablet for the screen size so I can use inventory lists--too small on a smartphone.

Login to Me Too

inolepehc
Contributor
Contributor

@MXterry wrote:

My old swip reader works but now it cost more if we swip insted of using the chip reader 

who said that?  that's not correct.  the fees are the same, no matter what reader you use.  all this chip reader fuss has to do with liability in case there's a transaction dispute.  that's all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.