How do the promotional offers work?

Kuraiya
New Community Member

Okay, so recently I made a few purchases using Bill Me Later which has now become PayPal Credit.

One order was for $238.99 and was purchased using a 6 months no interest and no payments promotion.  Prior to this purchase I made another purchase of $1,400 with a 18 months no interest + no payments promotion.  Which leaves me with a new balance of $1,638.99.  I've since paid off the second purchase of $238.99. 

My question is, "Since I've paid off one purchase in full, will I still be affected by the interest rate that purchase was accruing?  Also, does that mean that I have six months to pay my balance in full even though I bought another product with an 18 months no interest + no payments promotion?"

I find it ridiculous that purchases and their promotions aren't separated on the balance.  It would make more sense to be able to pay off separate portions of your balance to satisfy that purchase's promotional offer of however many months was stated when the purchase was made.  Whether the terms was to pay it in full with either no interest and/or no payments.

Example:

Office Depot Purchase: $238.99 (six months no interest + no payments)

Payments made toward this purchase: $138.99  

Remaining Balance on this purchase: $100.00

Logitech Purchase: $1,200 (18 months no interest + no payments)  

Payment made to this purchase: $200.00  

Remaining Balance on this purchase: $1,000.00

That would be a more logical way of honoring these "promotions."

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Jesse148
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to see what promotional balances and when they expire online? Like:

Best Buy 6/8/2015 1500.00 no interest in paid in full by 6/8/2016

Also, why can't we choose where payment amounts over the minimum payment go online? That would make more sense. Not all of us have time to sit on hold for however long and not all of us can understand the person who takes our call. I'd rather be able to log on, check my promotional balances and experation dates and choose where the over minimum payment goes. I don't want to have to deal with someone every time I want to know something about y account. Care Credit has all these options and so do many other companies.

Login to Me Too

uhoh

If the promotional balance is not paid in full what then happens? I know that the Bill Me Later option does not show up as an account on your credit history. Will the promotional balance plus the accrued interest then show up as an open account?

Login to Me Too

Nyankee2210
New Community Member

How do I pay off a balance that is NOT under promo balance BEFORE i pay on my promotional balance?

I don't want to accure interest on a payment i used credit for. I want to pay it off before my statement is released. How do i allocate where my payment goes....

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't allocate.  I think it goes to the balance which would be due first.

Check your detailed PayPal Credit account statement for more information.  Tha'ts the PDF format statement.

No need to pay before you get a statement as there would be no interest during the 20 or so day grace period for the non-promotional purchases.

Login to Me Too

pishtaco
New Community Member

I have 3 balances with promotional 6 MO no interest, how do I pay each separately? Paypal just gives the total balance ???

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You make one payment which goes to the balance that will be due first.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.