Paypal Credit account on hold

JamesH1980
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal credit account is on the 60 day suspension due to my payment being past due for more than 60 days/

I think that's so unfair due to the fact that my payment is made and I still have to be penalized for two months. They call it the 60/60 rule or something. Of course I never got a warning or an email regarding the suspension. I didn't know until I was trying to purchase items and kept getting declined.

I use my Paypal credit account for business and personal use normally and this is going to really hurt me in more ways than one.

Is there any way I can open a dispute to get this hold removed? I've been a good customer for year and recently paid my account in full with most of my tax return. And now I can't use it??

Somebody please help or give suggestions.

Thanks

James

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesH1980

1-866-528-3733

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JamesH1980
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

I've already spoken to customer said and of course they said they couldn't do anything.

Will they let me file a dispute?

Login to Me Too

JamesH1980
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I already talked to customer care and they said of course they can't do anything.

Will they let me file a dispute?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@JamesH1980

Did you have a payment late by 60 days or more?

Login to Me Too

JamesH1980
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently yes. I just spoke to a friend who used to work for paypal.

She said that the hold is automatic and there's nothing I can do about it.

smh

Login to Me Too

JamesH1980
Contributor
Contributor

However I realized that I attempted to make a payment over a week earlier and ironically the payment was declined because I didn't have efficient funds. So I did attempt to pay earlier, but it was declined.

**bleep** if you do and **bleep** if you don't

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.