Help adding funds from "My Cash" card purchased at CVS - NOT a MoneyPak

CharioteerBen
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a card from CVS that was supposed to add cash directly to my PayPal account. The card says you can add $20 to $500 and there is a $3.95 purchase fee. So I gave CVS my $500 plus the purchase fee, and the card says to visit www.paypal.com/cash and enter the pin number to have those funds credited immediately to my PayPal account.

But when I visit paypal.com/cash, and I log in, it just stays on the main My Account page on the PayPal site. 

I tried calling PayPal and after speaking with four people, noone had any idea what card I was referring to. It is NOT a MoneyPak, nor a NetSpend card, nor a pre-paid PayPal card. It is just to load cash into my account, the exact same way as a MoneyPak, but I can't find any information online how to do so. I tried calling the number on the back of the card I purchased but there is no option to speak with anyone.

Has anyone used this card which on the front is blue and white, has the PayPal logo prominantly printed, and says "My Cash --> My PayPal"?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

gmm0512
What a pain in the checks
Login to Me Too

Girgy

Uhm yeah, soo ive been having trouble with this MyCash card. At first it says i need send in proof of ID, adress, and SSN soo i tried to do the refund buut it says its not a valid number, So i dont understand what im doing wrong or whats going on cause i just brought this card today.

Login to Me Too

janetparks
Contributor
Contributor

rkofan91
Contributor
Contributor

Ok after trying to figure out how to get my funds from cash card. I finally found a solution. I got my $35 dollars from my payl cash card. Now, when you login into the paypal.com/cash site, it will give an identification error. So heres what i did, dont go to the resources or the refund page. Call this number 1-888-879-8750. A woman might pick up. Tell her the information about the cash card and the identification error. Then, shes gonna transfer, but be polite when you talk to them. Now, a person named sean from the fraud center will help you about the identification error. It has something to do with the ssn and date of birth. Hes gonna ask you about the information, tell him that you do not like to give out your ssn if he ask for it. He gonna give you some option, choose option number 1. Then, he gonna give you an email sayin that the issue is resolved, but log out of your account. Refresh your inbox email and you should get a statement that your issue has been resolved. So, Go back to paypal.com/cash, but DO NOT HANG UP!!! Keep him on the line until you see your account has been fixed. Then, sign in your paypal account and you should see load your funds in the upper right hand corner It should be a blue box saying that. Enter the 10 digit number and it would give your amount and confirmation number. Politly tell him thank you, listen to what he has to say, and tell him have a nice day. Thats all to it.:)

Login to Me Too

greg1234
New Community Member

its simple, yes at first i was pissed as well, paypal plays games with words etc

read the back of the card...go to www.paypal.com/cash  --- the key work here is /cash

Login to Me Too

colinlee2013

I had the same problem. As soon as I'm able to get my cash back in merchandise or cash I'm closing this account on principle. There claim's of not needing your banking info is obviously misleading and that don't set right with me. I am so angry about this. Everytime I choose to trust one of these sight's it ends the same way. I find out that it's some type of trick to get your account info ! I wished I could find one company that does what they claim. I would love to feel safe while I search for deals online but I guess it's impossible.

Login to Me Too

baddeal
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.