Cant Connect Paypal Chip Card Reader to phone or Tablet...

ge714
Contributor
Contributor

My new Paypal EMV Card Reader can not connect to my Samsung Note 4 or to my Samsung Tab 3.

The two devices properly pair with eachother but when I tap on the Paypal 2** icon on my Note 4, nothing happens.  When connecting a bluetooth device with my phone, It usually greys out and reads "connecting..."  but thats not the case with the emv reader.  Absolutely nothing happens when tapped on the Paypal Icon in the Bluetooth Settings.

I've tried the following

Fully charged the EMV reader

Factory reset to the EMV Reader

Paired and UnPaired the devices

But still no luck, I think I may have received a faulty Chip Card Reader with a bad bluetooth.

please help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you try unintalling and then re-installing the PayPal Here app?  That fixed a separate different problem I had when recent transcations wouldn't show on my phone; after re-installing the app they were showing.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you try unintalling and then re-installing the PayPal Here app?  That fixed a separate different problem I had when recent transcations wouldn't show on my phone; after re-installing the app they were showing.

Login to Me Too

ge714
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much DPCreations. 

Un-installing and Re-installing the Paypal Here App fixed my bluetooth problem between the EMV Reader and Phone / Tablet.

thanks again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.