using a credit card for sending cash

twnhstnut
New Community Member

Hi

I was going to do a cash advance on my credit card for a purchase where the vendor does not accept CC. It then occored tome that maybe I could send my wife cash using paypal which would charge my credit card. My question is: other than the PayPal fee will this payment be viewed by my CC company as a cash advance? If so they will hit me with the large fees but I am wondering if it would just come out like a purchase and I would only be paying the PayPal fee. Any advice appreciated.

JD

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @twnhstnut,

Thanks for reaching out with your excellent question! I appreciate your participation in the PayPal Community forums. First, I would like to clear up something up about how PayPal processes payments and how it would appear to the merchant. If a merchant receives a payment through PayPal, the merchant does not have a way to know that they are receiving a credit card payment. One of the benefits of using PayPal is that your financial information is not provided to the merchant. Merchants do not have a way to decline credit card transactions. I would highly recommend not sending payments as a personal payment because that would void your buyer protection. Disreputable sellers will ask customers to send personal payments to avoid seller fees and this would make you ineligible for seller protection. Sending money to your wife's PayPal account using your credit card to make this payment may trigger our security measures and will cost you a fee. I would recommend not pursuing this course of action. I hope you will find this response helpful. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.