Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time

Clairvoyance
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, 

I've done a small service for a friend and he told me to send him a request for a payment of 100$. So I did that and he told me that he gets this message : 

Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds

I have actually never received money on the account apart from paypal itself when I was confirming the account and I thought that would be enough. It's a normal personal account that I was using to shop online.

I have found similar questions to this one (even exact ones) but never found a TRUE ANSWER.

Aditional information : I don't have a US bank account  since I'm not from US and I have only connected my VISA electron credit card.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Where are you from then?  PayPal is country specific.  Go to your seller preferences on the summary page and update your Block Payments settings.  Explore the options there that might be interfering with receiving payments and adjust them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Clairvoyance
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I've checked, I CAN receive money here.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Didn't say you can't receive payments there.  I was basically asking where your account is from because this is PayPal US forum and to go to your seller preferences > Block Payments > Update and adjust your settings.

There have been recent some issues with account functions in your Rego on so you may not be the only one.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Clairvoyance
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I'm really sorry about the wrong section. I'm first time here and just clicked on ask the community. I will try to find the right part of forums.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.