Use PayPal to checkout at Home Depot

Specialized1956
New Community Member

I am going to start out by saying that I have read - and tried - all of the links in related threads.  At this point I assume that this was a project that didn't work out between PayPal and HomeDepot. 

The PayPal icon has been on the checkout screens at HomeDepot for at least 3 years now, and I have yet to hear from a single person - online, at HomeDepot, from PayPal,  in real world, etc. - that has ever successufully used this method to pay at checkout for in-store purchases.  About as close as I can come is to buy online, and pick-up in-store.

Please respond to this thread only if you have personally linked your account to a way to pay directly at the register at Home Depot.  I am already aware of the "debit card" approach.  That is not what I am looking for.

I think that I am looking for a "white unicorn", but I would love to be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Jparedes
Contributor
Contributor
Why I can't no longer pay with paypal at home depot check out register? Anyone knows?
Login to Me Too

Reachablegoals
New Community Member

Just off the phone with two phone representatives from Home depot in the attempt to make a $400.00 PayPal credit purchase via their website thru the PayPal Shop Now link.

"Home depot does not allow this and never will and insist even if you pay thru PayPal you have to use the debit selection" why. WHY????

this extremely frustrates me and I have wasted 45 min of my time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.