unable to pull fund from prepaid cards to Paypal balance

pklee
New Community Member

To day I'd try to replenish my Paypal account with two prepaid Mastercard gift card (each with $100 on each).  I was not sure how it really work so I called the Paypal support to walk me thru.

I register the two cards as requested (linked), work, show on the link site with bank account and etc.   next

I went to the Paypal balance page and click "transfer fund to" as instructed, click on the lower of the two icons on the right side of the page

next, a pop-up page indicated of "where" the fund coming in from, but there is only allow option is the bank and credit account that is already registered in with the paypal network.  The two prepaid cards although is successfully link to Paypal  was NOT in the drop down option manual to pick.

Why is it not that the "successfully linked" and "verified" ($200) prepaid card be on the ready to transfer drop down manual for me to do the transfer??

Is there a right way to consolidated "successfully and verified" prepaid card fund to the Paypal balance!?    Please help! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Works4me
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me just this week. I got so frustrated I just went to a random bank and pulled my 900.00 cash off prepaid. But tried again later and finally realized that the linked card has to b chosen as ur preferred payment method in order to do that. So in ur case u would have to do one and the switch ur ppm
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @pklee,

I'm sorry to hear that there's any confusion about the ability to add funds to your PayPal account. I'm happy to clarify.

When adding funds to your PayPal balance, a card may not be used. A card may be used as a payment method when making a payment, but you cannot take the funds from a card and put them into your balance. None of the cards on your account will be visible as sources for a transfer to your balance.

If you are making a payment, it is not necessary to first add funds to your balance. You can make the payment and select your payment method at the time of the payment, or set it up as your preferred payment method, as @Works4me mentioned. I would still recommend checking to make sure that the payment method is set up as intended during the checkout.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.