Use PayPal to checkout at Home Depot

Specialized1956
New Community Member

I am going to start out by saying that I have read - and tried - all of the links in related threads.  At this point I assume that this was a project that didn't work out between PayPal and HomeDepot. 

The PayPal icon has been on the checkout screens at HomeDepot for at least 3 years now, and I have yet to hear from a single person - online, at HomeDepot, from PayPal,  in real world, etc. - that has ever successufully used this method to pay at checkout for in-store purchases.  About as close as I can come is to buy online, and pick-up in-store.

Please respond to this thread only if you have personally linked your account to a way to pay directly at the register at Home Depot.  I am already aware of the "debit card" approach.  That is not what I am looking for.

I think that I am looking for a "white unicorn", but I would love to be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Olympiagto
New Community Member
Yes i have used it several times over past few years. It very selective of when and what it will let you pay for. One min buy gift cards the next you cant but you can buy 300 toll of copper wire or vise versa. Usually u will have to call to verify it is u so they let purchase go thur.
Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I made a few in-store purchases with home depot and foot locker before via mobile number with PIN. Haven't had any problem yet.

Login to Me Too

Beeline
New Community Member

How do I get a pin so that I can pay at Home depot?

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you need to have the mobile apps and set it up.

1. Log in to your PayPal account in the PayPal App.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log Out."
  3. Click Security.
  4. Click Edit or Revise next to"Mobile PIN."
  5. Create or change your PIN and click Add or change PIN.

Your mobile PIN will be associated with each of your payment-activated phones.

Login to Me Too

Sandyeggoman64
Contributor
Contributor

I've made sure I have the Paypal app. I've made sure I have a pin # associated with my mobile #. But when I go to my local HD store and choose PayPal as my payment choice and enter my phone #, it says processing but doesn't work. PP and HD employees have been zero help. 5th time a charm? Help!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

See if this works:

Make sure you have the latest version of the app.

Log on.

Click In-Store.

Type in Home Depot in search bar to find store.

Click the store.

4-Digit code appears.

Enter the 4-digit code in the card swipe machine after selecting PayPal on it's screen or let the cashier scan the barcode on the phone.

What you are essentially doing is paying directly from the app, not the mobile number & pin.

The mobile/pin method is prolly deprecated or something.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/pay-in-stores

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tranders
Contributor
Contributor

This method seemed to make the most sense, but the Home Depots in Phoenix/Tempe/Chanlder AZ area did not appear in the list for me.  Ultimately went to the full paypal site and set up my PIN then paid via phone number and pin using the keypad.

Login to Me Too

Lensqtr
Contributor
Contributor
What sharpiemarker said: This is exactly the process used. Although I haven’t seen the scanning of the bar code portion, Yet... I think it’s pretty slick And real handy! Especially when my debit card stays in overdraft! When I get paid first thing I do is add money to my PayPal even if it’s No payment due.
Login to Me Too

SwingingChoke
New Community Member

Excellect insuctructed. Made a pin, reveiced sns text, verified. Took < 5min

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.