Trying to Issue a Refund!!! Keeps getting rejected.

Ela4
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to issue a Buyer a refund for over 2 weeks.  Everytime I go thru the process Paypal tells me that they can't 

This transaction cannot be refunded due to issues with the buyer's credit card. No funds have been transferred from your PayPal account.

I called customer support at Paypal and after waiting 2 hours and 23 minutes, I got a call back. The agent told me,"we can't do anything for you.  This is an Ebay problem. Please call them.  Thank you for your support and trusting Paypal."  I then called Ebay and they called me back within 5 minutes, Hooray!!  The agent at Ebay said, "This isn't anything I can help you with.  You must call Paypal."  I asked if she could stay on the line and she said, "no, we don't have ability to conference the call, but just call paypal and ask them to conference Ebay into the call."  She then transferred my call to Paypal.  I am now in the Q and will receive a call back from paypal within 2 hours and 25 minutes.  The Ebay agent told me that there was a way to manually refund the money. She didn't know how to do it and said she couldn't do it from her computer.  Does anyone know how to do that?  Going thru the regular channel of hitting "issue refund" doesn't work. I am willing to refund in full but I can't.  Meanwhile, I get a message from Ebay stating that my transaction has not been cancelled because I haven't sent the Buyer her money. I'm willing to.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.