Took wrong amount out of my account

melwinkie
Contributor
Contributor

I typed $5.00 and it took $50.00.  What can you do about it???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @melwinkie

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. @kernowlass has the right idea! We recommend reaching out to the merchant to discuss the payment discrepancy. You can also report this to us as a billing issue

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 

PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@melwinkie

Suggest you contact the seller and get them to refund the over payment maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @melwinkie

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. @kernowlass has the right idea! We recommend reaching out to the merchant to discuss the payment discrepancy. You can also report this to us as a billing issue

Thanks, 

PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

melwinkie
Contributor
Contributor

I was embarrassed by the error, but did message the person in charge of the fund raiser and he sent me a link to report it.  They returned all of the money.  I offered to send him a check for the money I told him I could afford but he didn't send me his address.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @melwinkie

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the payment was refunded. No need to be embarrassed, it happens more than you'd think. 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.