Sorry, this recipient can’t accept payments right now.

LP40
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal says "You can send to almost anyone, even if they don't have a PayPal account." but when I try to send to someone using a gmail address, I get the error shwon in the Title.  What's up?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Andy

Hi LP40 -

Sorry to hear you're having trouble sending a payment. The best option would be to have the recipient get in touch with us so we can sort out what's happening on their end. However, the most likely reason you'd receive this message is that the seller's account has a restriction of some type on it. It could be something as simple as they haven't used it in a while and we need them to accept some updates to our policies. Or it could be other issues - either way it's really best for them to contact us so we can help them sort things out. 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Genoteleno
New Community Member

The problem with this answer is that the person I'm trying to send to is a family member who doesn't have a paypal account. Why would they need to call paypal, in this case?

Login to Me Too

AlaskaJohn
Contributor
Contributor

I tried a test because the person to whom I tried to send money is having a terrible time listening to everyone say why it's the other guy's fault. We both have PayPal accounts. My test failed. The potential recipient is trying to set up a home business and needs to be paid. I have a feeling it's the bank giving the run-around. If the problem had been on my end, there would have been a different message. So, recipient, get in touch with PayPal Andy, Administrator, and tell him AlaskaJohn asked him to look into your problem. Apparently this happens a lot. Maybe the banks are annoyed at not getting their pound of flesh for sending a wire transfer.

--AlaskaJohn

Login to Me Too

bibisarkar
New Community Member

Hi

I am a freelance writer and have been using your services for a number of years.

Today I received a mail from my client in Hungary that she has failed to deposit my fees into my account & has got the above error message.

Could you please clarify what the problem is?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

bibisarkar
New Community Member

The message also states that the recipient cannot accept personal payments.

Yet the payment is for an article I wrote

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bibisarkar wrote:

The message also states that the recipient cannot accept personal payments.

Yet the payment is for an article I wrote

personal payment is for friends and family,not goods and services! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

They  asked that over a year ago  !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LOTFIKOV56
Contributor
Contributor

My family abroad try to send me some money but you reply that i can't receive it now so i want to Know what to do.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LOTFIKOV56

As you have given no information including what country you are in how are we supposed to know?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.