Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so a buyer that Im trying to sell stuff to is getting this message when he tries to send me the funds.

What do?

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Still having the same problem 😕

Option to block Visa isnt visible either to me but it still happens.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

RoughRidah wrote:

How is he initiating his payment... is it by clicking on the "Send Money" tab of his PayPal account?

Perhaps you could try sending him a PayPal "Money Request" or invoice.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah thats what we ended up doing. Idk what he was doing, lol. Thats that though.

Thanks again for the geniune help.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You're very welcome...

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

mrsaah2u
Contributor
Contributor
I dealt with that and found I had the wrong expiration date and did not have the verification code saved on the card. After u did that, it processed with no problem.
Login to Me Too

mrsaah2u
Contributor
Contributor
I dealt with that and found I had the wrong expiration date and did not have the verification code saved on the card. After I did that, it processed with no problem.
Login to Me Too

nirmal89
Contributor
Contributor

@RoughRidah wrote:

Option to block Visa isnt visible either to me but it still happens.

Hey

Iam also have the same problem, but just now resolved. My client change the card and then sent again, Money received.

Ask sender to change the card, problem will solve.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Abdullah2
New Community Member

How did you -finally- solve it ?
I am having the same problem here !
a friend is trying to send me money , and this message is apearing to him (Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments ...etc) .
I have opened all of my payment methods .. but still facing the problm .

Login to Me Too

parkviewfdc
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here. Can't resolve.
Login to Me Too

Macktinson31
Contributor
Contributor
I have had this same problem recently, and I'm perplexed as I have used the same payment method (Amex) with the same recipients numerous times before. So I changed the method to a Visa (linked to my bank acct), and then Paypal Smart Connect. Both gave me the same msg. I have contacted the recipients and nothing has changed on their end with acceptance. What gives?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.