cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

SOLVED
Contributor

Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

Okay so a buyer that Im trying to sell stuff to is getting this message when he tries to send me the funds.

What do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

It's in your "Payment Receiving Preferences", which is at "Profile" or "Settings" > "Selling tools" > "Getting paid and managing my risk" > "Block payments"... there are several payment methods you can block.

~Sandy

35 REPLIES 35
Volunteer Advisor

Re: Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

What payment method is he trying to use?  Could it be an eCheck?  Do you block eChecks?

~Sandy

Contributor

Im not sure, I have asked him but he hasn't gotten back yet. I have been looking through the UI and am unable to find any option relating to blocking echecks or anything like that though.

Contributor

He just got back to me, Apparently hes using a Visa card.

Volunteer Advisor

It's in your "Payment Receiving Preferences", which is at "Profile" or "Settings" > "Selling tools" > "Getting paid and managing my risk" > "Block payments"... there are several payment methods you can block.

~Sandy

Contributor

Oh poo, hit the wrong button.

But anyway lol

The only options coming up for me are

Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Block accidental payments:

Block payments from users who:

and the student and description options below that. 

I simply do not see the options you mention.

Volunteer Advisor

Personal PayPal accounts have fewer payment blocks... is your PayPal account a Personal account?

Is it a US PayPal account?

~Sandy

Contributor

Yup, USA Personal account. I don't see the reasoning though why I would be unable to sell anything though as a personal citiczen=/= a business.

Volunteer Advisor

You can upgrade to a Premier PayPal account... you don't need to be a business to upgrade to a Premier PayPal account.

~Sandy

Contributor

Ohhhhh, thats all a very strange way of handling it but I think I have it now.

Thanks for the help!