Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so a buyer that Im trying to sell stuff to is getting this message when he tries to send me the funds.

What do?

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Eric_123
New Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue with an international transaction . . .

Login to Me Too

Macktinson31
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't even gotten to the international transactions yet. This is all domestic. Really frustrating. Haven't called Paypal yet, doing that tonight. Will post back.
Login to Me Too

iowacubs1
Contributor
Contributor

Having same problem!!! PLEASE HELP!

Login to Me Too

Macktinson31
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for the delay in response. I called Paypal and the rep told me that it was either security on my card or the card was being declined for some other reason. The changes Paypal made recently still have a few glitches I think. The rep made a notation about the issue so it is now known. Stay tuned.
Login to Me Too

FMH
New Community Member

I have called the center guy. He was saying about bank doesn't allow the transaction to proceed because this is an international transaction. So he suggested that:

1. Call the bank to verify user for online transactions (both for local and international transaction)

- because apparently they have different verifications for local and international online transaction. 

2. Make sure the money is adequate.

- i am using my PayPal balance for a transaction but the fees were more than what my balance can provide, so the fees will be taken care by my cards. Means, my card will pay for payment. 

- update: I called my bank, they said that my transaction was declined because there weren't enough PayPal balance. I missed the currency exchanged and it was actually exceeded my PayPal balance. 

3. The currency

- I have a separate account for different currency, so I need to do transaction separately if the total sum that I need to transfer exceeded my total balance. 

TAKE NOTES THAT PAYPAL WILL BLOCK YOU IF YOU DO MULTIPLE TRANSACTION/ LOGGED IN WAY TOO MANY TIME IN A DAY. 

- You will start to get a notice that "We're are sorry,  we cannot proceed with this transaction. Please try again later or contact customer service."

- You need to wait about 24-72 hours before you can do the transactions. 

Login to Me Too

Derfy1994
New Community Member

Friend is trying to send me money and getting this error message, any help? 

Login to Me Too

Michee
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and I'm unable to unblock any payment method because there is no option. the person is trying to use a debit card and I can't recieve the money 

Login to Me Too

Macktinson31
Contributor
Contributor
Are you sending or receiving? This message is a glitch, however what ended up being the issue on my end was the card issuer was denying the payment for whatever reason. Funds were available, but it was denied. Call Paypal customer service and they will be able to tell you the exact reason on the sending side.
Login to Me Too

Michee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm receiving

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.