Sent payment as paypal guest (not logged into my paypal) to fraudulent website w/ my debit card

shottysnipes
New Community Member

Background story: I just made a purchase on a pair of shoes that seemed to be underpriced (too good to be true in hindsight). The website is https://myshoelifestyle.com. 

I for whatever reason used the paypal option but didn't sign in because the debit card that I wanted to use wasn't on my paypal account, so I continued as a guest and paid through paypal without an account.

I instantly received an automated email after my purchase that they were working on my order, sent an email to the seller using the contact us link on the shoe seller's website and asked to be refunded because I had made the wrong purchase. 

I have done this one other time in the past where I used a not so common website to purchase a pair of shoes and they came 3 weeks later and looked like toy shoes that looked nothing like what I had ordered.

After about 5 minutes of research I discovered that the website owner reported that they were from canada but had used a program to hide their location. Searched the "contact us" part of the website and it said there is a 30 day return policy and to send returns to "399 Lombar St Iberia Missouri US 65486" which according to google maps does not have a building on the property. 

My question: Is there anything I can do to get a refund? I can't report fraud through paypal because I wasn't logged into my account when I made the purchase. Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.