SCAMMED!!!! what can I do? Please help

schk
Contributor
Contributor
I feel totally embarrassed and felt like it could never happen to me. But unfortunately I was scammed and now I have a negative PayPal balance of over $5,000! It started when I got a "job offer" as a text proof reader, then after I completed some jobs with that, that job got put on "hold". I was then asked to be come a Representative for a company called eMag. My gut feeling told me not to do it and I emailed and told them I wasn't interested, then I emailed them back and said I was. It involves them selling items on eBay and money going into my PayPal account. When item was shipped and money was released to me on paypal I transferred to my bank. And had to send cash through mail to "Toriana Wellington" in New York. I went through with everything. Then to my surprise something was shipped but not to the person who actually bought the item. Then thI buyer from eBay filed dispute and now I'm left with over -$5,000 in PayPal. Is there anything, ANYTHING I can do??? Please help Thanks
Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

schk
Contributor
Contributor
Also, let me add in that I was told if they didn't recieve the money they would contact the proper authorities.
Login to Me Too

schk
Contributor
Contributor
Just now I got a case filed from the buyer.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Wow, so you let someone use your PayPal account, essentially, to receive money while they ship to wrong customer or what have you (could be an empty box for all you know) while you forward the eBay seller the money.  Wow, just wow.

You are on the hook, mon amie.  Why did you do it because it doesn't seem like you got paid for doing this.  You withdrew the money to pay the seller.  Did you get a percentage?

Yep, since you did not do the shipping, you have no tracking to prove delivery.  

Why don't you share what happened in all the open resolution cases and that this is why you have no tracking.  Nothing to lose telling this story to them.  $5000 lesson.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor
Omg! The same thing happened to me. Exactly. I was going to call the police and file a report and then call the police in Moubt Vernon NY. Where she lives. We have her address and can get her phone number. Have you called the police yet?
Login to Me Too

schk
Contributor
Contributor
I have not. Are you going to call?
Login to Me Too

schk
Contributor
Contributor
Are you negative balance on PayPal as well?
Login to Me Too

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I am going to call. I'm doing my research now. I have phone numbers, email addresses and tracking numbers if the items that I thought were sent. This is **bleep** and that are not going to get away with it!!
Login to Me Too

schk
Contributor
Contributor
I'm glad I'm not the only one! But sorry this happened to you too. If you sent cash money through ups on mine they showed it was pick up somewhere else in New York. Not mount Vernon.
Login to Me Too

211976ds
Contributor
Contributor

My money went to Toriana <removed>, is that who your money went too?

Login to Me Too

schk
Contributor
Contributor
Sure did.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.