SCAMMED!!!! what can I do? Please help

schk
Contributor
Contributor
I feel totally embarrassed and felt like it could never happen to me. But unfortunately I was scammed and now I have a negative PayPal balance of over $5,000! It started when I got a "job offer" as a text proof reader, then after I completed some jobs with that, that job got put on "hold". I was then asked to be come a Representative for a company called eMag. My gut feeling told me not to do it and I emailed and told them I wasn't interested, then I emailed them back and said I was. It involves them selling items on eBay and money going into my PayPal account. When item was shipped and money was released to me on paypal I transferred to my bank. And had to send cash through mail to "Toriana Wellington" in New York. I went through with everything. Then to my surprise something was shipped but not to the person who actually bought the item. Then thI buyer from eBay filed dispute and now I'm left with over -$5,000 in PayPal. Is there anything, ANYTHING I can do??? Please help Thanks
Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Alzavictim
Contributor
Contributor
I have reported Paypal to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they refunded 1/3 disputes opened against me as a "courtesy" but claim that they will not refund the rest. How many disputes were opened against you? And how do you feel about filling a class action lawsuit against Paypal for turning a blind eye to this scam where the registered pick up person is Toriana for so many victims? I got a signature confirmation from her every time but Paypal still fails to find it sufficient. See Zedpeda v. Paypal. This is a similar case that just began litigation.
Login to Me Too

0216SV
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation, sent the funds to Toriana Wellington last May 16, 2017 then today early morning

got dispute message from PayPal. 

May I know the status of your case? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Alzavictim
Contributor
Contributor

I opened and am actively updating BBB with this information. I have 3 cases opened against me for this and PayPal has waived 1 of them. I will keep fighting until the end. If I were you I would open a BBB case against PayPal.

Login to Me Too

0216SV
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alzavictim,

Thank you so much for your reply, sorry about your situation may i know the procedures on sending the complaints to BBB? What State are you located?

Again, thank you for updating your case.

Login to Me Too

Alzavictim
Contributor
Contributor

0216SV
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much! I am here in California too..

Login to Me Too

0216SV
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alzavictim,

I am wondering if i could request your contact number.  I have some questions regarding your case, right now they continue and threaten me to escalate my case to a collection.  

I would really appreciate if I could talk to you on the phone, i am not comfortable discussing it using this online.

Hoping to hear from you.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Alzavictim
Contributor
Contributor

chapstout
Contributor
Contributor

<<removed>>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.