Resolution Center Sucks: Seller accepted payment then reneged after better offer (money refunded)

Samario
Contributor
Contributor

I don't find the Resolution Center helpful at all. After hundreds if not a thousand or more PayPal purchases, I have a total of three problem purchases. This latest one is this camel's straw. Nathaniel Dominguez accepted my payment of $445 for a package deal on two fishing lures and then reneged on the sale when he found another buyer for one of them. He apologized but said he needed to accept the deal worth an incredible $20 more than my offer. He did refund my money, when I declined to but the one lure that nobody offered more for. I simply will not buy from an unethical person. My refund has been received but PayPal offers no way to protest a seller that has reneged on a sale but has refunded the money. Why should the community NOT be provided information on such sellers? In another situation, back in January, I bought an item ($225) from a person who actually did not have the item. AFter receiving my payment, he/she used a stolen credit card number to purchase the item from Cabela's and have it shipped to me. Cabela's later discovered the fraud when the credit card owner informed them of the fraudulent purchase. Cabela's demanded that I pay for the item, since I received it. They declined to contact PayPal to resolve it, and Paypal referred me back to Cabela's. This is terrible, in my opinion. The third problem occurred when a seller shipped me something other than what I bought (another $225 fishing lure). When I protested to the seller, he agreed to "make it right." Well, 3 months later I have 10 commitments from him to make it right and no he has stopped replying. Just starting the Resolutions Center process on that one and I have no faith that it will work. I might but some high end stuff with PayPal but I am not rich. Almost $900 down the drain and not a happer buyer!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

-Corey-
Contributor
Contributor

The first instance, you got your money back, move on and don't deal with that seller anymore.  The second instance, how did Cabela's find out you had received the item, and did you send it back or pay them for it?  If you did send it back or pay them for it, why did you do that instead of telling them to pursue the person that made a purchase with a stolen credit card if they wanted to recoup their losses.  I don't think that whatever you had would be considered "stolen goods", the crime that was committed was credit card fraud, not shoplifting.  I'm no legal expert, but I don't think they had any legal grounds for coming after you.  The third instance, you've just now started the dispute process, let it play out.  In my opinion, you have $0 down the drain because of paypal so far.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

something can be said of OP's judgment buying here and there ,instead of blaming the payment processor,why not blame the buyer ,your self.

It is not like Paypal urging you to buy here and buy there.

If this is Ebay,then you have eBAY to thank for,it invites all trashy sellers to come and party

Login to Me Too

Samario
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

something can be said of OP's judgment buying here and there ,instead of blaming the payment processor,why not blame the buyer ,your self.

It is not like Paypal urging you to buy here and buy there.

If this is Ebay,then you have eBAY to thank for,it invites all trashy sellers to come and party

Thank you, Dear Advisor, for your useless, inaccurate and judgmental reply. Feel free not to reply again.

Login to Me Too

Samario
Contributor
Contributor

Your opinion is flawed and useless. First instance, yes I got my money back and moved on but was hoping to let others know about that seller FTI. Second instance, Cabela's sent me a letter after they received the fraud complaint. I should not have paid them because the fraud was committed by a PayPal seller against Cabela's, not me. But I did pay, twice, and PayPal had no more interest than Cabela's in dealing with the situation.  As for your opinion, as you said before posting your "legal opinion" you are no legal expert. So why not keep your opinion to yourself? Third instance, yes, that one is in process. But I won't bother posting updates on it here because it seems that respondents are snarky, judgmental and simply posting to enjoy the sounds of their own opinions.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.